Tiburon Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
If you have suffered an injury or the wrongful death of a family member due to another person’s negligence, you probably have a lot of questions. With many combined decades in legal practice, the Tiburon personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers I have the knowledge and experience to provide the answers you seek.
We offer aggressive representation in a variety of tort claims including those involving motor-vehicle collisions, dog bites, slips and falls, and many other types of accidents. Our commitment to achieving the best possible outcome for each of our clients has resulted in more than $300 million in settlements and trial verdicts.
If you are unable to come to our office for the initial consultation, we will come to you. Schedule a free case evaluation today by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Types of Accident Cases Our Tiburon Personal Injury Lawyers Take:
- Car Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motorbike Crashes
- Large Truck Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Airplane Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Dog Bites and Animal Attacks
- Train Accidents
- Spinal Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Bus Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Rideshare Vehicle Accidents
- Turo Vehicle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
Why You Should Contact a Tiburon Personal Injury Lawyer Right Away
No doubt you have a lot on your plate after a serious injury or unexpected death in the family. From administrative tasks to finding new ways to pay your bills, there’s a lot to do after a sudden accident, so entering into legal proceedings might be the last thought on your mind. Unfortunately, delaying the claims process can prove to be a costly mistake.
It is not uncommon for important evidence to become unavailable within just a few days of an accident. If you were hurt in a vehicle collision, for example, any dash cam or surveillance footage of the crash might be erased shortly after the incident. If you were hurt in a slip and fall, the hazard that caused your injuries might be fixed before it can be documented.
It is important that your Tiburon personal injury lawyer has the opportunity to gather this evidence before it becomes destroyed or altered. The sooner your attorney can initiate the investigation, the better.
Another reason to consult a lawyer right away is to avoid critical mistakes that could harm your claim. You might assume that the insurance adjuster will provide you with all the advice you need, but the adjuster ultimately represents the insurance company and therefore has incentive to find reasons to pay you as little as possible. The bottom line: You cannot trust the insurance company to protect your best interests.
A seasoned accident attorney from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you avoid costly errors from day one. We will take care of all correspondence with the insurer so you don’t make any statements that can be used to dispute your claim.
We will also explain the steps you can take to strengthen your case such as:
- Documenting the Progress of Your Injuries: Taking photos of your injuries and writing entries into a personal injury journal can help your attorney prove the extent of your damages. This is especially true regarding non-economic damages such as pain and suffering. Be sure to document how the injuries are affecting your life and the lives of your loved ones.
- Disabling Your Social Media Profiles: The claims adjuster will likely review your social media profiles for evidence that can be used to dispute liability and the value of your damages. A single photo of you participating in a strenuous activity could be all it takes to jeopardize your case. It’s best to play it safe and disable your social media accounts while your case is pending.
- Following Your Doctor’s Instructions: If your doctor prescribes medication to you, it is important that you pick it up on time and take it as directed. If you are advised to participate in physical therapy, you should do so. Personal injury claimants must take reasonable steps to mitigate their damages—i.e. to minimize their medical bills and lost income. If you fail to do so, the insurance company might argue that your own negligence contributed to your injuries.
A final reason to consult an attorney as soon as possible is to avoid missing critical deadlines. If settlement negotiations fall through and too much time has passed since your injury, you might not be able to take your case to court.
Speak With Our Tiburon Personal Injury Legal Team: 1-800-GO-HARRIS
If you have questions about your case of if you’d like to enlist the help of a seasoned accident attorney, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We are available 24/7 to take your call, and a member of our team will gladly come to you if you cannot come to our office. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our contact form to set up a free case review.