Valencia Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
If you were injured or lost a loved one due to another person’s negligence or intentional act, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to find out if you have grounds for a claim. Our attorneys are dedicated to protecting the rights of the injured in Valencia, California and surrounding communities.
We have decades of experience fighting for the rights of accident victims against insurance companies, corporations, and government entities. Our lawyers have represented thousands of clients throughout California and recovered more than $300 million in monetary awards.
If you cannot come to us for a consultation, we will come to you. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to schedule a free case evaluation with a Valencia personal injury attorney.
Types of Cases We Handle at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers in Valencia
Nobody should have to navigate the legal system without the help of a seasoned attorney. As a client of Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you won’t have to pay us a penny upfront to retrain our services. We are proud to help accident victims seek the compensation they deserve in the following types of cases:
- Car Crash Cases
- Bicycle Accident Cases
- Trucking Accident Cases
- Motorcycle Collision Cases
- Train Accident Cases
- Bus Accident Cases
- Premises Liability Cases
- Slip and Fall Cases
- Rideshare Accident Cases
- Dog Bite Cases
- Turo Accident Cases
- Pedestrian Accident Cases
- Boat Accident Cases
- Plane Accident Cases
- Bird Scooter Accident Cases
- Spinal Injury Cases
- Brain Injury Cases
- Burn Injury Cases
- Other Personal Injury Cases
- Wrongful Death Cases
Will My Personal Injury Case Go to Trial?
Most people who file personal injury claims have never experienced the proceedings. Many of them imagine that a drawn-out trial will take place, but the truth is that most successful claims are settled out of court.
Both the claimant and defendant have incentive to arrive at a settlement without going to trial. Not only does an out-of-court settlement reduce legal expenses, but it also prevents unnecessary delays and the stress of litigation.
That said, there are circumstances when filing a lawsuit and taking a case to court is the best option. Below are a few factors that might influence whether your case goes to court:
- Whether the opposing party is willing to cooperate;
- Whether you have made any compromising statements to the insurance company during a recorded conversation;
- Whether you are seeking exemplary, or “punitive,” damages;
- The total amount of compensation you are claiming;
- The number of liable parties;
- Whether the opposing party believes you were partially at fault for your injuries; and
- The strength of the available evidence to prove liability and damages.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our goal is to help our clients recover the compensation they deserve as quickly as possible. The ideal outcome of most cases is to reach a fair settlement without having to go to trial; however, we always prepare for settlement negotiations as if we are going to trial by:
- Thoroughly investigating every case from all angles;
- Gathering all available evidence of liability and damages;
- Consulting medical, vocational, and financial experts if necessary; and
- Interviewing eyewitnesses.
Our Valencia Injury Lawyers Will Help You Avoid Critical Mistakes
One minor oversight or misguided statement could open the door to a liability or damages dispute. During your free initial consultation, a Valencia personal injury attorney will go over the common mistakes that could harm your case and will explain how you can avoid them. Those mistakes include:
- Agreeing to have your statements recorded during a phone call with the insurance company;
- Sending emails or text messages to the claims adjuster without your accident lawyer’s permission;
- Accepting a settlement without your attorney’s approval;
- Missing appointments with your doctor;
- Not adhering to your doctor’s treatment plan; or
- Publishing details about your claim on social media.
It is best practice to direct all correspondence from the insurance company or opposing party to your attorney. The insurance company will likely contact you shortly after the accident and may offer a quick settlement, so you should speak to a Valencia personal injury lawyer as soon as your health stabilizes.
Although there’s a lot to do in the aftermath of a serious injury, you should never miss your doctor’s appointments. If your own negligence contributes to the severity of your injury, it could ultimately reduce the amount of compensation you recover.
In regard to social media, it is a good idea to disable all of your accounts until your case has been resolved. If this is not an option, then set your accounts to “private,” and never post any photos of yourself or details about your case on any social networking sites. The insurance company might scan your profiles and the profiles of your friends and family for posts that can be used to dispute your claim.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Discuss Your Case with a Valencia Personal Injury Attorney
The experienced legal team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our contact form to set up a free case assessment.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|