Vallejo Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Have you or someone in your family been injured due to another person’s negligence? You may have grounds for a claim against the responsible party’s insurance company. The Vallejo personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can evaluate your case for free, answer your questions, and help you make informed decisions.
Insurance carriers will do everything they can to reduce their liability. Our attorneys will help you determine what a fair settlement might look like so you don’t end up accepting a payout that’s much lower than what you deserve.
We are available 24/7 to take your call. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule your free initial consultation.
Cases Our Vallejo Personal Injury Lawyers Handle
There are many types of cases that fall under the umbrella of personal injury law.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we aggressively represent clients in a wide array of practice areas including:
- Auto Accidents
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Bus Crashes
- Rideshare Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Dog Bites & Other Animal Attacks
- Spinal Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Severe Burn Injuries
- Aircraft Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Turo Vehicle Accidents
- Commercial Truck Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
Our Vallejo Accident Attorneys Can Help You Avoid Critical Mistakes
With decades of combined experience in personal injury law, our attorneys have encountered cases of varying complexity, so it is very likely that we have handled a case that is similar to yours. You can rely on our knowledgeable team of lawyers to make sure the insurance company treats you fairly.
We know the strategies used by insurance adjusters to challenge claims. You might be asked to make a recorded statement over the phone, but if you say the wrong thing, you could face a liability dispute, or the insurer may reduce the total value of your claim. Our Vallejo personal injury lawyers can handle all correspondence with the opposing party’s insurance carrier so you don’t make a statement that can be misrepresented.
Here are a few more mistakes we can help you avoid:
- Speaking About Your Case on Social Media: There are many ways for an insurance adjuster to gather evidence to use against you. Besides your phone calls and emails with the insurance company, your social media activity might also be reviewed for evidence. Photos of you participating in strenuous activities, posts about your accident or recovery, and any posts about your claim might be harmful to your case. Your attorney will make sure you understand the risks of using social media and will explain how to prevent claims adjusters from reviewing your accounts.
- Failing to Document Your Recovery: There are some easy steps you can take at home to strengthen your case. One is to photograph your injuries daily to document your recovery. Photos can help your attorney demonstrate the severity of your injuries and how long they caused pain and suffering. If the insurance company tries to argue that you could have returned to work earlier, or that your medical care was unnecessary, photos of your injuries can help corroborate your version of events.
- Accepting an Unfair Settlement: It’s not uncommon for accident victims to underestimate the cost of medical care, lost income, and property repairs. If the insurance company offers an early settlement, it’s tempting to accept it, but this initial offer might not include all the compensation you deserve. The best way to find out what a fair settlement might look like is to speak with a Vallejo personal injury attorney. If your injuries require ongoing care, your lawyer might advise you to delay settlement negotiations until you reach maximum medical improvement.
- Failing to Mitigate Your Damages: If you do something that causes your injuries to worsen, such as returning to work too early or not attending doctor’s appointments, the insurance company might take notice. As a personal injury claimant, you have a duty to mitigate your damages, which means taking reasonable steps to minimize your healthcare bills, lost income, and other damages. Your attorney can explain what you should and should not do to give your case the best chance of success.
- Missing Deadlines: You only have a limited amount of time in which to take your case to trial. If you file a lawsuit after the statute of limitations has passed, your case will most likely be dismissed. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can make sure everything is done on time so your lawsuit, if filed, doesn’t get thrown out of court due to a missed deadline.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Set up a Free Consultation | Our Vallejo Personal Injury Law Firm is Available 24/7
If you have any questions about your case, our attorneys can provide the answers. Should you choose to hire our law firm, you can rest assured that we will work tirelessly to get you fairly compensated. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our contact page to schedule a free consultation.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price indication: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|