The personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent people who have been seriously injured or lost loved ones in West Hollywood and surrounding communities. We understand the challenges you are facing and will tirelessly fight to help you hold the at-fault party accountable for your financial losses and pain and suffering.
We offer free initial consultations and won’t charge you anything upfront, so you have nothing to lose by speaking with a lawyer from our firm. If you cannot come to us, a member of our legal team can come to you. More than 5,000 people have turned to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for representation during their hour of need, and we have recovered more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts. To learn more about our law firm or to schedule a free case review, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Types of Claims Our West Hollywood Personal Injury Attorneys Handle:
There can be a world of difference between two personal injury claims because there are so many factors that are specific to each individual case. That’s why you should only hire an attorney who you believe will thoroughly investigate your case and tailor a legal strategy to your unique needs. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have a reputation for taking a creative yet effective approach to each case we handle. Our West Hollywood personal injury lawyers accept the following types of claims:
- Car Accident Claims
- Bike Accident Claims
- Big Rig Accident Claims
- Boating Accident Claims
- Rideshare Accident Claims
- Pedestrian Accident Claims
- Aircraft Accident Claims
- Motorcycle Crash Claims
- Bus Accident Claims
- Bird Scooter Accident Claims
- Train Crash Claims
- Turo Accident Claims
- Dog Bite Claims
- Slip and Fall Claims
- Premises Liability Claims
- Burn Injury Claims
- Spinal Cord Injury Claims
- Brain Injury Claims
- Other Personal Injury Claims
- Wrongful Death Claims
3 FAQs About Personal Injury Claims in West Hollywood
If you’ve never had to file a personal injury claim, you probably have a long list of questions about the proceedings. The easiest way to get the answers you seek is to speak with a personal injury attorney. Your free initial consultation is the perfect time to learn about the laws related to your situation, the factors that will affect the outcome of your case, and the steps you can take to strengthen your claim. Below, we’ve answered a few frequently asked questions about personal injury claims in West Hollywood:
- What damages are recoverable after a personal injury in California?
If you were hurt due to the negligence or intentional act of another person, business, organization, or government entity, you might be entitled to both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages can be verified using invoices, receipts, and other objective documentation. Examples include:
- Healthcare expenses;
- Loss of income;
- Loss of earning capacity;
- Property repairs or replacement;
- Mobility aids; and
- Home and vehicle modifications.
Non-economic damages are subjective and include:
- Emotional distress;
- Pain and suffering;
- Physical impairment;
- Loss of life enjoyment; and
If the party who injured you acted with malice, fraud, or oppression, you might also be awarded exemplary damages, also called “punitive damages.” These damages are only awarded in relatively rare cases that stem from particularly egregious behaviors such as car accidents involving a driver who was drunk or fleeing from police. It is important to keep in mind that every case is unique. The types of monetary damages you might recover and their value will depend on the facts surrounding your case.
- How long will my case take to resolve?
Personal injury cases can last anywhere from a few months to well over one year. The amount of time your case will take to resolve depends on numerous factors such as:
- The strength of your evidence;
- Whether the opposing party refuses to cooperate;
- The total amount of compensation you are pursuing;
- The types of damages you are pursuing;
- Whether your own negligence contributed to the accident; and
- Whether more than one party is liable for the accident.
- What can I do to strengthen my personal injury claim?
Although your West Hollywood personal injury attorney will handle the complexities of your case, there are steps you can take to give your claim the best possible chance of success. Here are a few examples:
- Disable your social media accounts until your case is resolved;
- Direct all correspondence from the insurance company to your lawyer;
- Follow your medical care provider’s instructions; and
- Keep a daily journal about how your injuries are affecting your well being.
Learn Your Rights: Contact a West Hollywood Accident Attorney Today!
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free initial consultation with an accident attorney from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. You can also reach us online using our contact form. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and you will not have to pay us anything upfront to hire our legal team.