People are killed and seriously injured every day as a result of the wrongful actions of someone else. Preventable accidents happen far more often than they should, and the consequences can be devastating not only for victims but also for their loved ones. If you or someone in your family was severely injured due to another person's negligence, the Carmel Valley personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help. We handle the full spectrum of tort claims including auto collisions, slip and falls, dog bites, wrongful death, and many others. Our lawyers thoroughly investigate every case they handle and aggressively represent each and every client—an approach that has resulted in more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts. We are available 24/7 for your convenience. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free case assessment.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle in Carmel Valley, California
- Commercial Truck Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Car Crashes
- Motorbike Collisions
- Boating Injuries
- Airplane and Other Aircraft Accidents
- Turo Accidents
- Accidents Involving Rideshare Vehicles
- Dog Attacks
- Bicycle Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Falls
- Train Accidents
- Serious Burn Trauma
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
Our #1 Goal: To Achieve the Result You Deserve as Quickly as Possible
It’s not uncommon for personal injury cases to take well over a year to resolve. And sometimes, refusing to accept an early settlement is in the victim’s best interests. In fact, it’s usually a good idea to reach maximum medical improvement before you enter settlement negotiations so you don’t end up agreeing to a low payout that won’t cover your future healthcare costs. That said, there are many reasons why tort claim proceedings might be delayed. The Carmel Valley personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you avoid complications that might prolong the claims process. We understand how stressful these proceedings can be. It’s not easy to cope with financial uncertainty, especially when you’re already dealing with serious injuries. Our goal will be to get you fairly compensated at the earliest possible point in time. Here are just a few strategies we may employ in the pursuit of that goal:
- Launching an Immediate Investigation: The key to avoiding unnecessary disputes and delays is to gather all available evidence. Unfortunately, much of the evidence needed to support a claim is often time-sensitive. Some attorneys are overworked and unable to investigate claims right away, but at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we intentionally limit our caseload so we can perform immediate investigations. We will do everything in our power to gather any time-sensitive evidence that may contribute to the strength of your case.
- Gathering All Available Evidence: Besides collecting time-sensitive evidence, the best attorneys are also willing to apply legal pressure where necessary to obtain evidence that’s being withheld. They also consult with medical specialists, economists, and other experts when needed to improve the odds of reaching a fair settlement or verdict. The Carmel Valley personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers always strive to ensure each claim is as strong as possible before settlement negotiations begin. That means evaluating claims from all angles and performing thorough investigations.
- Handling Dialogue with the Insurer: One harmful statement to the insurance adjuster could be all it takes to cause a dispute that significantly delays the proceedings. Rather than take the risk of having your statements misrepresented, you should direct all calls and emails from the insurer to your attorney. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know how to handle correspondence with insurance companies in such a way that does not jeopardize our clients’ cases.
- Clearly Demonstrating Our Willingness to Go to Trial: If you try to take on the insurance company without a seasoned trial attorney by your side, the insurer might think you’d rather accept an unfair settlement than go to court. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are seasoned litigators who are always willing to go all the way to trial if it’s in our client’s best interests. Often, the mere threat of litigation is enough to convince the insurer to pay a reasonable settlement. This not only may reduce the duration of the proceedings but also can eliminate the costs associated with litigation, as well as the stress of going to trial.
Discuss Your Case With Our Carmel Valley Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Once you understand your legal rights and options, you'll be able to make informed decisions regarding your claim. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we're here to give you the insight needed to protect your financial future. If you’ve suffered due to the wrongdoing of another person, you deserve reliable legal guidance. A member of our team can review your case in a free, no-obligation consultation. To get started, call our office at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message on our contact page.