Carmel Slip and Falls Attorneys
Carmel Slip and Falls Attorneys
If you or a loved one suffered a fall on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know what it takes to pursue substantial awards for our slip and fall clients. Throughout the years, more than 5,000 victims have turned to us for guidance and we have earned hundreds of five-star reviews on Google for our aggressive legal representation. If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident, call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS for a complimentary case review.
Types of Claims We Handle
- Weather-related slip and falls
- Poolside slip and falls
- Outdoor slip and falls
- Indoor slip and falls
- Falls caused by freshly mopped floors without associated warning signs
- Slip and falls caused by spilled liquids
- Falls due to a lack of adequate handrails on a stairwell
- Falls on public walkways and parking lots
- Slip and falls on public property
- Slip and falls on commercial premises
- Slip and falls on residential premises
What is A “Duty of Care?”
In California, property owners owe a “duty of care” to their visitors. When they breach that duty, this is known as “negligence.” Evidence of negligence may include surveillance footage, photos of the hazard that caused your slip and fall, eyewitness deposition, the incident report, records of similar accidents occurring in the past, and building maintenance records. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall, it is extremely important to act quickly so you can properly preserve any evidence that the other party breached the duty of care. In slip and fall cases that involve physical evidence like a torn carpet or a spill, another party can (and might) try to erase any sign that the accident happened. To mitigate this risk, you can:
- Inform the property owner or manager.
- If applicable, fill out an incident report.
- Contact the police to secure an accident report.
- Take photos and videos of the accident scene.
- Record the names and contact information of the property owner, tenant, or manager on-site at the time of the accident.
- Ask eyewitnesses for their names and contact information.
- Collect and preserve the shoes that the victim was wearing at the time of the fall.
Pursuing Compensation for Your Slip and Fall Injuries
Our Carmel slip and fall attorneys know how difficult things can be after a slip and fall. On top of your physical injuries, you are likely facing astronomical medical expenses. To seek reimbursement for these expenses as well as compensation for your physical and emotional wounds, meet with us about filing a premises liability lawsuit. Through litigation and the insurance claim process, we will pursue compensation for your:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced earning capacity
- Reduced quality of life
Discuss Your Case with a Carmel Slip and Fall Attorney Today!
If you have suffered an injury due to another person’s negligence, you can confidently turn to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We will answer your questions, ensure you understand your rights, and devise a strategy to approach the claims process. If you cannot make it to our office for an initial free consultation, we will come to you. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review. We look forward to your call.