San Diego Rideshare Accident Attorneys
If you intend to file a rideshare accident claim, it’s important that you take certain steps to protect your rights. Your top priority should be to seek medical attention, but once your condition is stable, your first call should be to an attorney. Our Lyft and Uber accident lawyers in San Diego can handle all correspondence with the insurance company and help you fight for the highest settlement possible. There are nuances to these cases that don’t apply to accident claims involving regular vehicles. Our attorneys are well-versed in the relevant laws and procedures, and we can make sure the claims adjuster treats you fairly. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free case review.
Types of Cases Our Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Handle
- Injuries to Uber & Lyft Passengers
- Injuries to Rideshare Drivers
- Injuries to Occupants of Other Vehicles
- Injuries to Pedestrians
- Wrongful Death Claims Involving Rideshare Vehicles
- Other Rideshare Accident Claims
We Can Help You Avoid Complications, Delays, and Disputes
Although Uber and Lyft drivers are covered by a $1 million insurance policy while they’re on the clock, that doesn’t mean the insurer will approve your claim. In fact, the insurance adjuster will be looking for reasons to dispute your claim or minimize its value. With many decades of combined experience, our San Diego rideshare accident lawyers have an in-depth understanding of the tactics used by insurance companies to deny and undervalue claims. We can help you stay one step ahead and avoid unnecessary delays and disputes by:
- Handling Correspondence with the Insurer: If you’ve already been contacted by the claims adjuster, it’s likely that he or she seemed sympathetic about your situation and genuinely interested in helping you navigate the claims process. But at the end of the day, claims adjusters represent the insurance company. They have incentive to find reasons to deny or undervalue your claim, and they’re not above taking your statements out of context to do so. If you say something that implies you were partially at fault for the crash or that your injuries aren’t that serious, the insurer might dispute liability or try to offer a low settlement. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can handle all dialogue with the insurer so you don’t provide any statements that can be used against you. The moment you hire one of our attorneys, you’ll be able to direct any phone calls, emails, and other correspondence from the insurance company to your lawyer.
- Gathering All Available Evidence: If there’s a disagreement regarding the cause of the crash, the severity of your injuries, or the value of your damages, you’ll need strong evidence to overcome it. Our Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in San Diego can compile this evidence on your behalf. No matter how strong your case seems to be, we’ll conduct a thorough investigation and prepare for all eventualities. We build each claim as if we’re going to trial—even if an out-of-court settlement is the most likely outcome. This gives us an edge during settlement negotiations and reduces the likelihood of a dispute.
- Using Expert Witness Testimony: It’s not always necessary to bring in expert witnesses, but if your injuries are severe or you intend to pursue compensation for future medical bills or lost earning capacity, we might use expert witness testimony to strengthen your claim. We may also bring in various experts if your loved one died in an Uber or Lyft crash and you’re filing a wrongful death claim. Our attorneys work closely with medical, financial, and accident reconstruction experts who have the credentials and experience to provide compelling testimony in these cases.
- Helping You Avoid Mistakes: Anything you say or do from the moment your accident occurred to the day your case is resolved could influence the outcome of your claim. Even if you let an attorney handle all dialogue with the insurance company, there are still many mistakes you could make that would derail the proceedings. For example, posting about your injury or case on social media could lead to a dispute. The insurance adjuster might review your online profiles for posts that can be used to challenge liability or damages, and a single photo of you taken after the accident could be all it takes to cause a dispute. Also, failing to obey your doctor’s orders in any way could impact your financial award since it might constitute a failure to mitigate your damages. Our San Diego Uber and Lyft accident attorneys can help you understand the mistakes that should be avoided during the proceedings to give your claim the best possible chance of resulting in a fair settlement.
Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Set up a Free Consultation with a Lyft and Uber Accident Lawyer in San Diego
Our phone line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to schedule a free case review.