San Diego Bicycle Accident Attorneys
When two motor vehicles are involved in an accident, it’s likely that everyone will walk away from the scene unscathed. But when a bicyclist gets hit by a car, the rider is almost certain to sustain injuries. Our San Diego bicycle accident attorneys are proud to help those who have been injured or lost loved ones in bicycle crashes fight for the compensation they deserve. There are all sorts of reasons why the insurance company might dispute or undervalue your claim. We won’t let the insurance adjuster take advantage of you. Our team will prepare your case for trial even if we expect an out-of-court settlement. For a free consultation, call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Types of Bicycle Accident Cases We Handle in San Diego:
- Distracted driving bicycle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Accidents caused by defective parts
- Bicycle accidents involving poor road conditions
- Rideshare accidents
- Accidents involving multiple bicycles
- Failure to yield bicycle accidents
- Other bicycle accidents
We Have Extensive Experience in Catastrophic Injury Cases
Even if you weren’t severely injured, it’s always a good idea to at least consult with an attorney if you intend to file a personal injury claim. Our San Diego bicycle accident lawyers offer free case evaluations, so you have nothing to lose by speaking to a member of our team. If you or someone you love has suffered a catastrophic injury, such as brain trauma or spinal cord damage, it’s important that you enlist the help of a law firm that has extensive experience in these cases. Fortunately, our attorneys have won substantial settlements and verdicts for clients who sustained long-term or permanent disabilities. There are several key differences between cases that involve catastrophic injuries and those that involve only minor, temporary injuries. Examples include:
- The Damages Tend to Be Substantial: It’s not uncommon for the financial recovery in a catastrophic injury case to reach several million dollars. That’s because the calculations may involve a lifetime of lost income and ongoing medical care. With so much money on the line, you can bet the insurance company will scrutinize every aspect of your claim to find reasons to deny it or reduce its value. Our lawyers can anticipate disputes before they arise and take the necessary steps to avoid or overcome them. We can also make sure you don’t accept an unfair settlement that doesn’t account for future damages that you’re reasonably certain to incur. If you turn to a law firm that doesn’t have extensive trial experience, the insurance company might take a hard-line during settlement negotiations, but at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have a track record of success in litigation, and insurers throughout California know that we’re not afraid to go to court if it’s in our client’s best interests.
- Expert Witnesses Often Play a Role: If you suffered only a minor injury, your attorney might not have to bring in medical and economic experts to provide testimony. But if you sustained a permanent disability, it’s likely that expert witness testimony will play an important role in the proceedings. Our San Diego bicycle accident attorneys work with a network of well-credentialed experts who have the experience to provide compelling testimony.
- There May Be a Higher Chance of Going to Trial: Insurance companies tend to devote more resources and effort to investigate claims that involve substantial damages. If they refuse to pay a fair settlement after uncovering a weakness in your claim, your case may end up in trial. This is why it’s important for catastrophic injury victims to enlist the help of a seasoned trial attorney. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ve built a reputation as tough and tenacious litigators who know how to find success in the courtroom.
We Handle Wrongful Death Bicycle Accident Cases
Coping with the sudden death of a loved one is never easy. This is especially true when another person’s negligence is to blame. In the wake of such a traumatic experience, the thought of taking legal action can seem overwhelming, but it’s important that you speak to an attorney as soon as possible—while essential evidence is still available and before you’ve provided a statement to anyone affiliated with the insurance company. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re proud to represent the surviving family members of people who have died in bicycle accidents. We understand what you’re going through and will apply our extensive legal knowledge, proven settlement negotiation strategies, and all the resources at our disposal to help you pursue justice and compensation.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Schedule a Free Consultation with a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in San Diego
You can reach our office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To discuss your case with a member of our team, dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message on our contact page.