San Jose Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyers
San Jose Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
Were you hurt in a crash involving an Uber or Lyft? If you were injured while driving or riding in a rideshare vehicle, or the other car in the crash was a Lyft or Uber, we recommend you give us a call at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our Uber & Lyft accident attorneys in San Jose will guide you through the insurance claim and litigation processes and help you pursue fair compensation for your injuries. We are proud of the help we provide accident victims. Over the years, we have helped more than 5,000 clients throughout California win more than $300 million in settlements and court rulings. To talk about your accident injuries and your potential personal injury claim, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Common Causes of San Jose Uber & Lyft Accidents
Some of the most common underlying reasons for rideshare vehicle accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: Many Uber and Lyft drivers constantly use their phone while they drive. They rely on their phone for GPS directions, the rideshare app, and messaging with friends. Rideshare drivers may also get distracted by interacting with their passengers.
- Drowsy Driving: To make more money, some Lyft and Uber drivers will accept rides for extended periods of time, very late at night, or very early in the morning. However, this means many rideshare drivers are behind the wheel after getting too little sleep.
- Speeding: Uber and Lyft drivers sometimes rush to their passenger’s destinations. As soon as they drop someone off, they can accept a new ride request. This can cause them to break the speed limit or drive faster than they should for the road, traffic, and weather conditions.
- Drunk Driving: It is shocking to learn, but many Uber and Lyft drivers have been caught driving while intoxicated from alcohol, drugs, or both.
- Reckless or Aggressive Driving: Despite having a clean record and being approved to drive for Lyft or Uber, a rideshare driver may drive aggressively or recklessly with or without passengers in their vehicle. They may speed excessively, weave in and out of traffic, run stoplights and stop signs, failure to yield the right of way, and more.
- Inadequate Vehicle Maintenance: Given how much Uber and Lyft driver’s operate their vehicles, they should maintain the vehicle properly. However, many drivers fail to adequately inspect and maintain their vehicle, which can lead to tire blowouts, brake failures, and other dangerous defects.
How Our San Jose Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyers Can Help
After being hurt in a car accident, your first instinct may be to rely on the at-fault driver’s insurance to cover your property damage and bodily injuries. Most car accident claims are resolved through an insurance settlement. However, that does not mean you should move forward without an attorney. An Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in San Jose can promote your interests during the case and fight for you to receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. Some of the reasons we recommend calling a San Jose Uber and Lyft accident attorney are:
- Determining who is liable for your injuries: If the other car involved in the crash had a Lyft or Uber sign on the windshield, or both, you need to find out whether that driver was signed into one of the rideshare apps at the time. Whether or not the driver was working at the time impacts the insurance coverage.
- Gathering evidence as quickly as possible: To actively pursue compensation after a crash, you need evidence that the other person was at fault. Our attorneys will promptly investigate the accident and gather as much evidence as possible. This ensures we access potentially important evidence before it is lost, such as surveillance footage from a nearby business or witness’s dashcam footage.
- Adhering to the statute of limitations: Every state limits how long you have to file a personal injury claim. Your attorney will make sure you file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver before time runs out.
- Dealing with difficult insurance companies: Whether you pursue compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance policy, Uber or Lyft’s insurance policy, or both, you may run into a tough insurance claims adjuster. Insurance companies want to maximize their profit, which means they need to deny claims and limit settlements whenever they can. Your attorney will ensure you are treated fairly and negotiate a just settlement for you.
Our San Jose Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers Fight for Your Compensation
The most important benefit of working with our team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is gaining the best possible chance of receiving a fair settlement. We have years of experience helping accident victims recover compensation for their:
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Disfigurement and Disability
- Reduced Earning Potential
To talk with us about how we can help after a Lyft or Uber accident, contact us online or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule your free consultation.