San Jose Car Accident Lawyers
San Jose Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents happen every single day. According to some statistics, there’s a car crash somewhere in the U.S. every hour. San Jose sees its fair share of these serious and fatal accidents. If you were injured in a collision, or you lost your loved one in a crash, we recommend you contact an experienced San Jose car accident lawyer before talking with an insurance company. Our car accident attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have years of experience helping crash victims pursue full and fair compensation. We are proud to have helped more than 5,000 individuals and families throughout California win more than $300 million. To talk with one of our dedicated attorneys, call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS. Our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call and set up your free initial consultation.
We Offer High-Quality Legal Representation to Car Crash Victims
There are many personal injury law firms in California, however, not all of them offer high-quality representation. Many personal injury firms push car accident victims into settlements that hardly cover their damages. We are not a settlement mill. We treat every car accident case as a unique set of circumstances. We limit our caseload so that our attorneys can thoroughly investigate the crash, identify the liable party or parties, find any relevant insurance policy, and aggressively pursue the maximum compensation for your injuries.
We Handle All Types of San Jose Car Accidents
Our car accident lawyers in San Jose are here to handle your personal injury or wrongful death claim following a:
- Drunk driving accident
- Rear-end accident
- Head-on accident
- Distracted driving accident
- Speed-related accident
- Fatigue-related accident
- Side swipe accident
- T-bone accident
- Blind spot accident
- Defect auto part accident
- Tire blowout accident
- Hit and run
We are here to help whether or not your crash involved only personal cars, trucks, SUVs, and vans. Call us right away if you were in a collision with a commercial truck, motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian.
What to Do After a Car Accident in San Jose
If you were involved in a collision, we recommend you take the following steps:
- Call 911 right away. Once the police arrive, they can control traffic and begin to write a crash report. Emergency responders will also arrive as soon as possible to provide medical attention and get seriously injured motorists and passengers to the emergency room.
- Document the crash. If you or a companion are able to, take photos and videos of the crash scene. Try to take pictures of the damage from different angles and distances, but never put yourself in the way of traffic or other danger. Take pictures of any surrounding property damage or marks on the pavement. Also, take pictures and videos of your injuries.
- Exchange information. If you and the other motorist are able to, exchange names, contact information, and insurance policy information. During this conversation, do not blame the other person, accept blame, or apologize. Keep the conversation brief and to the point.
- Obtain witnesses’ information. If there were passengers in the other vehicle or other witnesses to the crash, ask for their names and contact information. Your San Jose car accident attorney may contact the witnesses for their statements while investigating the crash.
- Get medical help. Even if you think you are OK, you should be looked over by a physician. If you were clearly hurt in the crash, go to the ER. You should be fully examined by a doctor who knows you were in a crash to have any and all injuries diagnosed and treated.
- Call a San Jose car accident lawyer. Before you start talking with an insurer about your property damage and injuries, you should have an experienced and compassionate attorney on your side.
Car Accident Compensation
One of the most important reasons to hire an experienced lawyer after a crash is to gain a full understanding of the value of your damages. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we will fight hard for you to receive fair compensation for your:
- Medical Expenses: This includes your past medical bills and your future medical expenses if you will need more medical care in the future. This also includes transportation costs to and from medical treatments.
- Lost Wages & Reduced Earning Potential: You should be compensated for the income you lost while you were injured and recovering. If you are suffering from a long-term or permanent disability and cannot earn the same sort of money, we will fight for you to receive compensation for this economic injury.
- Pain & Suffering: You should receive compensation for your physical pain and suffering,
- Emotional Distress & Mental Anguish: We may seek to prove you have endured significant distress and psychological trauma due to the crash.
- Disfigurement & Disability: We will fight for additional compensation if the crash left you with permanent disfigurement or disability that will reduce your quality of life and opportunities.