Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
San Jose Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Were you or a loved one hurt in a pedestrian accident? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our San Jose pedestrian accident attorneys handle all types of accidents. We are here to help after a car-pedestrian collision that causes injuries or fatalities. We also have represented individuals injured in crashes with commercial trucks, trains, buses, bicycle, and other vehicles. Whatever the circumstances, if another person was at fault, then we are here to help you fight for just compensation.
We have decades of experience representing pedestrian accident victims and surviving family members. To talk with us about your options and legal rights, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
We offer free consultations. If you choose our firm to represent you, we will take your case on a contingency fee basis. There are no upfront or hourly fees. You do not pay us unless we win you compensation.
What to do After a Pedestrian Accident
If you were involved in or witnessed an accident involving a pedestrian, our San Jose pedestrian accident lawyers recommend you:
- Call 911: In a vehicle-pedestrian accident, the pedestrian is likely suffering serious injuries. Someone needs to call 911 right away to ensure emergency responders get there as soon as possible. This also ensures the police arrive to control traffic, conduct an initial investigation, and write up a report.
- Exchange Information: Obtain the other party’s name, contact information, and insurance information. If you or a relative or friend were struck by a driver, ask if they are working. If so, ask for their employer’s information. You or your companion will need this information to pursue an insurance claim.
- Take Photos: Use your phone to take photos and video of the crash scene and your or your companion’s injuries. These photos can be important evidence in a future personal injury or wrongful death claim.
- Ask for Witnesses’ Information: If anyone else say what happened and stayed to help, ask for their names and contact information. Your San Jose pedestrian accident attorney may contact them for their statements later.
- Accept Medical Help: Anyone involved in the collision should be examined by a physician to ensure any and all injuries are diagnosed and treated. Failing to do this could impact a future personal injury claim.
- Call a Lawyer: Before talking with an insurance company, you should contact an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer in San Jose.
Vehicle-Pedestrian Accidents Are Often the Motorist’s Fault
Over the years, our personal injury and wrongful death attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have handled all types of pedestrian accidents, including those involving cars, other vehicles, scooter riders, cyclists, skateboarders, and more. We have worked on cases involving all types of serious and catastrophic injuries.
Through it all, we have come to understand that the most serious pedestrian accidents occur when someone is struck by a car, and often, the motorist is at fault.
We are here to help you hold a negligent driver responsible if they caused the pedestrian injury due to:
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Drug driving
- Drugged driving
- Running a stop sign or stoplight
- Failing to yield
- Ignoring a marked crosswalk
- Driving without lights
We Investigate Pedestrian Accidents
After being involved in a pedestrian accident or losing a loved one after they were struck by a car, you may not be sure of what happened and why. All you might know is that you or a relative were hit by a car.
In these situations, we recommend contacting an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer in San Jose. An attorney from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will thoroughly investigate the accident, gather evidence regarding what happened and why, and identify the liable party.
We will talk to witnesses, review the police report, gather and review any photos and video footage available. We will get to the bottom of what happened and why, and then use the relevant evidence to build a case against the at-fault party.
San Jose Pedestrian Accident Compensation
Our pedestrian accident attorneys in San Jose will fight for you to receive full and fair compensation for your injuries through an insurance claim and/or lawsuit.
If you were injured in a vehicle-pedestrian crash, you may be entitled to compensation for your:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages and employment benefits
- Other injury-related expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Speak With a San Jose Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
A serious pedestrian accident that leaves you injured can feel very isolating. You may not be sure what to do other than to hope for an insurance settlement. We encourage you to call us at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to learn more about your options. While many personal injury claims are settled through insurance, you will still benefit from having a lawyer on your side to fight for you to receive the maximum amount possible.