Oakland Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one were struck by a vehicle, we recommend you call an experienced Oakland pedestrian accident attorney at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers right away. These incidents are often far more serious than the typical car crash. In many collisions, the drivers and passengers walk away with minor injuries or no injuries at all. But if you or a relative were hit by a car, even one moving at lower speeds, you may not be suffering from serious or catastrophic injuries.
Whether you are suffering from injuries or mourning the loss of a spouse, parent, child, or sibling, you should talk with a lawyer about your right and legal options. When another person is at fault for injuries or deaths, they can be held responsible for compensating the victims for their injuries or losses.
To talk with us about the insurance claim and litigation processes following a pedestrian accident, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Our goal will be to obtain you full and fair compensation for your injuries. We are proud of our track record of success. We have helped more than 5,000 clients win over $300 million in personal injury and wrongful death cases.
What Type of Accident Were You In?
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle pedestrian incidents involving all types of vehicles, including cars, commercial trucks, ATVs, dirt bikes, motorcycles, bicycles, scooters, electric bikes or scooters as well as people riding skateboards or wearing rollerblades.
If you or a loved one were struck in a collision, give us a call. We have handled all types of cases from the most typical to the most unique. We will use our skills and experience to investigate the incident, determine why the incident occurred, and build a strong case against the other party.
What to Do After Beiy ng Struck ba Car in Oakland, CA
If you were hit by a car or witnessed a friend or family member be struck by a vehicle, you should take several steps:
- Call 911: Whoever has been injured will benefit from emergency services arriving as quickly as possible. The police will also arrive and control traffic, if necessary, and begin to gather evidence regarding what happened and why.
- Document the Scene: Use your phone to take photos and video of the accident scene and your injuries.
- Get the Driver’s Information: Ask the driver or other person involved for their name, insurance information, and contact information. You will also need to provide them with your information.
- Ask for Witnesses’ Names and Numbers: If one or more people saw what happened and stuck around the accident scene, ask for their names and contact information. An Oakland pedestrian accident lawyer may contact them for their statements later.
- Obtain Medical Care: Though you can choose to wait and see your family doctor after a crash, we recommend going to the emergency room immediately for a full exam. If you were struck by a vehicle, you may have more serious internal injuries than you realize.
- Call a Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Oakland: After being injured or losing a loved one because of someone else’s careless, reckless, or intentional misconduct, you should talk with a lawyer about your options, including filing a lawsuit or pursuing an insurance settlement.
Our Oakland Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Handle All Types of Vehicle-Pedestrian Collisions
Though you can get into all sorts of accidents while jogging on a path or walking down the sidewalk, the most common type of serious pedestrian accidents is when someone is struck by a moving vehicle.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know that pedestrians are put in harm’s way because of all types of motorist negligence. When we investigate a pedestrian-car crash, we look for evidence of:
- Distracted driving, including texting, using a cell phone, or eating or drinking
- Impaired driving due to alcohol, illegal drugs, prescription drugs, or a combination
- Drowsy driving after getting too little sleep or suffering from a sleep disorder
- Speeding beyond the posted limit or what is appropriate for the conditions
- Driving without headlights at dusk, night, or dawn
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Failing to look for pedestrians in crosswalks
- Failing to use headlights at dawn, dusk, or night
- Lack of appropriated traffic signs or signals
- Defective traffic signs and signals
- Poorly designed roads, including a lack of marked crosswalks
Pedestrian Accident Compensation
Once you can prove another person’s negligence, gross negligence, or intentional conduct caused you harm, then you can demand to receive compensation for your:
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages and Employment Benefits
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Reduced Earning Capacity
- Lower Quality of Life
- Loss of Consortium
Let Harris Personal Injury Lawyers Help You
When you are injured and facing a mountain of medical bills, you should not have to deal with the insurance company all on your own and hope for the best. You should contact us to work with a veteran Oakland pedestrian accident lawyer who will handle the insurance claim process, calculate the appropriate value of your claim, and negotiate a fair insurance settlement. If an insurer refuses to settle in good faith, then our attorneys can represent you in court.
Call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS