San Francisco Car Accident Attorneys
San Francisco Car Accident Attorneys
It’s impossible to understand how devastating a car accident can be until you or someone you love experiences one firsthand. This single incident could shape nearly all aspects of your future—from the amount of income you are able to earn, to your ability to live independently, to the hobbies you are able to enjoy. Our car accident lawyers in San Francisco understand the trauma you are facing. We have the experience and resources to help you fight for the compensation you need to get your life back. No two auto accident claims are exactly alike, so it’s important that you hire an attorney who is well-versed in the relevant case law, statutes, and procedures, and who has a track record of success in cases like yours. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have won substantial settlements and verdicts in car accident cases of varying complexity, and we can tailor our legal strategies to your unique circumstances. You can reach us 24/7 at 1-800-GO-HARRIS. The consultation is free, and you won’t have to pay anything upfront to hire our law firm. If we don’t win your case, you won’t owe any attorney’s fees.
Car Accident Claims We Handle in San Francisco
- Car accidents caused by distracted drivers
- Car accidents caused by unsafe road conditions
- Car accidents caused by impaired motorists
- Car accidents involving multi-vehicle pileups
- Car accidents involving buses
- Car accidents involving defective automotive parts
- Car accidents involving scooters
- Car accidents involving pedestrians
- Car accidents involving commercial trucks
- Car accidents involving Turo vehicles
- Car accidents involving rideshare vehicles
- Car accidents involving wrongful death
- Other car accident cases
Will the Insurance Company Dispute My Claim?
If you were seriously injured or lost a family member in a car wreck, you’ve probably incurred substantial costs that were entirely unanticipated. You might be facing overwhelming debt due to healthcare bills, lost wages, loss of future income, and property damage. The outcome of your claim could be the difference between filing bankruptcy and maintaining your financial security. As you may already know, the insurance company has incentive to pay out as little as possible. The claims adjuster might try to reduce the value of your claim or deny it outright. There are all sorts of strategies the insurer might use to challenge your claim, so it’s important that you hire a skilled car accident attorney in San Francisco to help you avoid and overcome disputes. Whether a dispute will arise in your particular case will depend on the circumstances. Below are a few factors that might impact the likelihood of facing a dispute:
- The Available Evidence: Without strong evidence of liability and damages, the insurance company will almost certainly dispute your claim. In most car accident cases, liability is established by proving negligence and causation; you have to prove that the defendant breached the duty of care owed to you, and that this breach of duty was the actual or proximate cause of your damages. To prove damages, such as medical bills, lost income, and property repairs, your attorney may use medical documentation, financial documentation, contractor estimates, expert witness deposition, and other evidence. The strength of this evidence will play an essential role in determining how your case unfolds and whether a dispute arises. Our car accident attorneys in San Francisco can perform a thorough and immediate investigation to compile all available evidence. If necessary, we can file subpoenas to obtain evidence and bring in expert witnesses to provide deposition. With many decades of combined experience representing car accident victims, our lawyers know the kinds of evidence needed to pursue the highest settlement or verdict possible.
- Whether Liability Is Shared: If the defendant asserts that your own negligence contributed to the accident, or if multiple defendants share liability, a dispute might arise regarding the percentage of liability imposed on each party.
- The Amount of Compensation Sought: The more money that’s on the line for the insurance company, the more incentive they will have to invest considerable time and resources into disputing your claim.
- Your Adherence to Doctor’s Orders: Failing to follow your doctor’s orders may constitute a failure to mitigate damages, which could lead to the insurance company asserting that your damages award should be reduced.
- Your Statements to the Insurer: If you provide a statement that brings the severity of your injuries or liability into question, it might be used to dispute your claim. This is why you should let your car accident lawyer in San Francisco handle all dialogue with the insurer.
- Your Social Media Content: It’s wise to stay off social media and to disable your accounts while your case is pending. Otherwise, the insurance adjuster might use your social media content—such as posts about your injuries or photos of you taken after the accident—to dispute your claim.
Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Discuss Your Situation with a San Francisco Car Accident Lawyer
You can reach us 24 hours a day by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS or by sending us a message via our Contact Form. The consultation is free, and we accept personal injury and wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis.