Train accidents leads the evening news far less than car crashes. However, derailments, collisions, and other train accidents happen throughout San Diego County. When they occur, they often result in serious injuries and fatalities. If you have been affected by a train accident, we recommend calling an Oceanside train accident lawyer at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers right away.
Depending on your circumstances, you may have the right to pursue a personal injury or wrongful death claim against the owner or operator of the train or railroad track. To successfully pursue compensation, you will need evidence of that party’s negligence or legal violation.
An independent and in-depth investigation by your Oceanside train accident attorney can uncover that evidence. Then, we can build you a strong case for compensation and represent you during the litigation and insurance claim processes.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are highly experienced in pursuing full and fair compensation for our clients. We have helped more than 5,000 clients obtain more than $300 million in settlements and court rulings.
To talk with us about how we can help, contact us through our online form or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS. We offer free consultations.
Our Oceanside Lawyers Handle All Types of Train Accident Claims
We are proud of our years of experience here at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Since 2005, we have helped accident victims and surviving family members hold negligent individuals and business responsible for the harm they cause. This includes train and rail owners and operators whose negligence puts passengers, motorists, and pedestrians in danger.
We are not intimidated by the complexity of train accident claims. We are prepared to thoroughly investigate the incident, gather evidence regarding what went wrong, and identify the liable party.
Our Oceanside train accident lawyers are prepared to represent you following:
- Train Derailments
- Train Collisions with Objects on Tracks
- Vehicle-Train Collisions
- Train Collisions with Pedestrians
- Train Collisions at Unprotected Railroad Crossings
- Train Accidents caused by Miscommunications
- Train Accidents caused by Distracted Operators
- Train Accidents caused by Fatigued Operators
- Train Accidents caused by Defective Equipment
- Train Accidents caused by Defective Tracks or Switches
Liability for Oceanside Train Accidents
When a train accident happens, it is often clear that something went wrong. A vehicle and train should not collide at a crossing. A train should never leave its designated rails. However, these incidents occur, and they cause serious injuries and fatalities. When you or a loved one were a victim of the accident, it is important for you to find out what happened, who was directly responsible, and who is liable for compensating you for your injuries.
The liability party will depend on what and who caused the accident. A switch failing may be the responsibility of one business while a defective train part is the responsibility of another. Our Oceanside train accident attorneys are here to discover this information for you.
By identifying the liable party, we can properly direct our efforts in obtaining compensation for your injuries.
Potentially liable parties for train accidents include:
- Businesses that own and operate the train
- Businesses that own and operate the railroad tracks
- Businesses responsible for the maintenance of the train or tracks
- Businesses that manufactured, distributed, or sold a defective train or track part
- Individuals trespassing on railroad property
- Train passengers
Compensation for Your Train Accident Injuries
After suffering injures in a train accident that was caused by another person or business, you have the right to pursue full and fair compensation for your injuries.
Our train accidents lawyers in Oceanside will fight for you to receive the maximum compensation possible for your:
- Medical Bills
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Lost Wages
- Reduced Earning Potential
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Loss of Consortium
Establishing Your Right to Compensation
In order to receive train accident compensation, you must prove that another party is responsible for the accident and your injuries. Through providing evidence, you must establish that the other party was negligent or that it violated one or more regulations or laws.
Proving your case can be difficult to do on your own. By working with an Oceanside train accident attorney, you have someone knowledgeable in regard to gathering, analyzing, and presenting evidence.
Our team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will use a wide range of evidence, which may include:
- Your medical records, including diagnostic imaging
- Photos of your injuries
- Your financial records, including pay stubs and tax returns
- Your receipts for expenses related to your injuries, including travel expenses for medical care, vehicle modifications, and home renovations
- Daily journals regarding the impact of your injuries on your life
- Expert testimony, including from accident reconstructionist, medical, vocational, and financial experts
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Speak With an Oceanside Train Accident Lawyer Todays
When you are recovering from train accident injuries or mourning the loss of a relative, you deserve to have accurate legal knowledge and experienced guidance. By contacting our team of veteran attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you have the help you need each step of the way.
Contact us online or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule your free initial consultation.