Oceanside Boat Accident Attorneys
If you live in Oceanside, CA, you or a relative or friend may own a boat, and you may enjoy getting out on the water as much as possible. You may consider yourself, your relative, or your friend a responsible and experienced boat operator. You may not worry about your safety too much. However, when you are on the water, you are always at risk from other negligent operators. Every year, hundreds of individuals are injured and suffer fatal accidents in U.S. waterways. After being injured or losing a loved one in a boating accident near Oceanside, we recommend calling us at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our Oceanside boat accident attorneys are highly experienced in investigating and litigating boating accidents. We will work hard to obtain the maximum compensation for you and your family. To date, we have helped more than 5,000 clients win more than $300 million in settlements and court rulings. To talk with us about how we can help, contact us through our online form or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule your free consultation.
Our Oceanside Boat Accident Lawyers Handle All Types of Claims
Our personal injury and wrongful death team at HPI is highly experienced in handling all types of boat accident cases. Do not hesitate to call us if you were injured or a lost a loved one following:
- Impaired Boat Operator Accident: Drunk and drugged driving are not only issues on California roads. Operating a boat while intoxicated is illegal and dangerous, yet it happens all too often. If you or a loved one were involved in a boating accident, and you believe the person at fault was inebriated, call us right away.
- Speed-Related Boat Accident: Boats cannot and should not operate at whatever speeds they want. There are regulations to follow as well as safety concerns surrounding speeding, especially when sharing the water with other vessels, personal watercraft, and swimmers. When the boat accident that caused you or a relative harm was due to a speeding vessel, contact our boating accident attorneys in Oceanside.
- Defective or Malfunctioning Boat Equipment Accidents: The cause of a boat accident may be a defective vessel or part, or negligent maintenance of the vessel. This is a particular concern when you pay to enjoy a charter vessel or cruise. However, it can be difficult to know if a defect or negligent maintenance is to blame. You need to work with an experienced attorney who can thoroughly investigate the cause of the boat accident.
- Ejection From Boat Accident: Speeding, sharp turns, and other negligent maneuvers can cause you or another person to be thrown from the vessel. If you believe the operator of the boat was negligent in handling the vessel and caused the ejection, which led to your injuries or to a loved one drowning, call us immediately.
- Capsized Boat Accident: Similar to ejections, boats can capsize from negligent operation. Capsizing can also be the result of a defect. If you were injured or a loved one passed away after a vessel capsized, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We will investigate what happened and find out why.
- Boat Propeller Accident: Our Oceanside boating accident lawyers have represented many families who have lost loved ones in propeller accidents. We will investigate whether the operator of the boat was negligent in failing to look out for people in the water.
- Regulatory or Legal Violations: After a serious boating accident near Oceanside, CA, we will thoroughly investigate whether the owner and operator of the at-fault vessel were violating any state or federal regulations or laws at the time of the accident.
Pursuing Boat Accident Compensation
If you were injured in a boating accident and another person was at fault, you should talk with a lawyer about pursuing compensation for your injuries. Whenever another person’s carelessness, recklessness, or intentional misconduct causes you harm, then through a personal injury claim, you can demand compensation for your economic and non-economic injuries. Our highly experienced personal injury lawyers will thoroughly investigate the boating accident to determine the underlying cause and identify the liable party. When we are confident that we can hold that party responsible, we will pursue financial recovery through an insurance claim or by filing a personal injury lawsuit. We will pursue the maximum compensation possible for your:
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Reduced Earning Potential
- Reduced Quality of Life
Fatal Boating Accidents
If you lost a loved one in a boating accident, then we can help you and your family pursue compensation through a California wrongful death claim. There are many laws regarding who can bring a wrongful death claim, the type of compensation you can seek, and who may receive a portion of the financial recovery. It is best to work with an Oceanside boat accident lawyer after a fatal accident to ensure your wrongful death claim adheres to California law.
Call Our Boat Accident Law Firm For Help Today
We understand how devastating an unexpected boating accident is, and we are here to help. Do not hesitate to call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our online form to request a free consultation. If you cannot come to us, we will come to you.