At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know that accidents often happen when you lease expect them. Crashes occur when you are standing at the end of your driveway, crossing the street, and remembering where you left your car in a large parking garage. It is when you are most vulnerable that you can suffer significant injuries after being struck by a car. Our Oceanside pedestrian accident lawyers are here to help you through this situation and fight for you to receive appropriate compensation from the at-fault driver.
We understand it can be overwhelming to look for a personal injury attorney. We offer free consultations so that you can meet with us in person and determine if we are the right fit for you. To schedule a meeting, simply call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or submit your information through our online form.
Steps to Take After a Vehicle-Pedestrian Accident in Oceanside, CA
If you were struck by a vehicle, or you witnessed a friend or relative be injured in a collision, there are some steps you should take to protect a claim for compensation.
Our Oceanside pedestrian accident attorneys recommend you:
- Call 911 immediately. This serves two purposes. First, it enables emergency responders to arrive as quickly as possible. Second, the police will arrive and create an accident report, which you can use to support your legal claim.
- Exchange information. You should obtain the name, contact information, and insurance information of the at-fault driver.
- Document the scene. Use a cell phone to take pictures and video of the crash scene, and surrounding property damage, and your or your companion’s injuries.
- Ask for witnesses’ information. If there were any passengers in the vehicle or any others who saw or heard the crash, ask for their names and contact information.
- Get medical help. Even if the crash was minor and you or your companion do not think you are hurt, you should undergo a full exam.
- Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in Oceanside. You should talk with a lawyer as soon as possible about pursuing compensation through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Common Causes of Vehicle-Pedestrian Accidents
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have handled many pedestrian accidents over the years. In many cases, the individual to blame is the one behind the wheel. Unfortunately, many careless drivers put others at risk, especially pedestrians who have no protection or safety gear in the event of a crash.
We have found that some of the most common forms of negligence that leads to pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Impaired driving
- Driving without lights
- Running stop signs or red lights
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Ignoring crosswalks and crossing signals
How an Oceanside Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Help
You may not know what happened to cause the crash. One minute you are focused on reaching the other sidewalk or talking with a friend, the next you are in pain and on your way to the hospital. You have no idea why a vehicle hit you, only that it did.
Because of how little information you have at first, it is important to contact an Oceanside pedestrian accident attorney who will conduct a thorough and independent investigation. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we will gather as much evidence as we can to determine what went wrong and who is at fault.
By obtaining evidence of the driver’s negligence, we can build you a strong claim for compensation. This is essential because you cannot assume that the other driver’s insurance company will be happy to pay out a significant sum on your claim. Insurers are reluctant to approve a claim or offer a settlement unless they have to.
Our strategy is to develop as strong of a case as a possibility to place ourselves in a good position to demand full and fair compensation for your injuries. We will negotiate for a fair insurance settlement on your behalf.
If the insurer refuses to settle or refuses to pay what your claim is worth, then as experienced Oceanside pedestrian accident lawyers, we are prepared to take your claim to court. We are not afraid to fight for your rights before a judge and jury.
Call Harris Personal Injury Lawyers in Oceanside For Help Today
Whether you were injured in a pedestrian accident or your relative was the victim of a fatal vehicle-pedestrian crash, we are here to help. We will use our legal knowledge, experience, and resources to build you the strongest case possible and to fight for your right to compensation.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are proud to have helped more than 5,000 clients receive more than $300 million in settlements and court rulings.
To talk with us about how we can help you now, contact us through our online form or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule your free consultation.