Fullerton Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Fullerton Bus Accident Lawyers
If you were hurt while riding the bus or in a collision with a bus, you should talk with a personal injury attorney who has years of experience with bus crash claims. Our Fullerton bus accident attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have years of experience working on all types of bus accident claims, from single-bus incidents to multi-vehicle crashes. We have worked on claims involving public transit and privately owned buses. We have the information, resources, and skills you need to pursue full and fair compensation for your injuries.
To learn more about your rights and legal options after a bus accident in Fullerton, CA, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS. We are available 24/7 to take your call. You also can submit your information through our online form to request a free consultation.
What to Do After a Bus Crash?
If you were involved in a bus accident, our Fullerton bus accident lawyers recommend you:
- Call 911: If you are able to, contact emergency services for help.
- Get the driver’s information: Ask for the bus driver or other motorist’s name, contact information, and insurance information.
- Take notes about the accident: We recommend you jot down some notes regarding the type and appearance of the bus, including any brand names, school district, or other logos. Also write down what you remember leading up to the crash, including the date, time, weather and road conditions, and traffic conditions.
- Ask for witnesses’ information: Ask for witnesses’ names and contact information. Your bus accident lawyer in Fullerton will want to contact them for their statements.
- Take photos and video: While staying safe and out of the way of traffic, take photos and video of the aftermath of the crash from different angles and distances.
- Get medical help: If you are hurt, go to the emergency room right away. If you are unsure of your injuries, see a physician within 72 hours of the crash.
- Call a lawyer: For help in pursuing compensation for your injuries, call a bus accident lawyer in Fullerton, CA.
A Fullerton Bus Accident Attorney Will Investigate the Crash
One of the most significant benefits of hiring a bus accident lawyer in Fullerton, CA is an independent investigation. When you move to obtain compensation, the other party or parties, including the bus owner and operator and its insurance company, will have conducted their own investigations. Their conclusions may be in the other party’s favor. By having your lawyer investigate, they may identify conclusions that impact your potential recovery, and which you should fight during the claims process.
Through a thorough investigation, your attorney will:
- Obtain and analyze the police report. This report can help guide your attorney’s next steps.
- Seek out eyewitnesses and obtain their statements. Eyewitness statements are not irrefutable, but they can corroborate other evidence and strengthen your claim.
- Hire an expert to evaluate photo and video footage. An accident reconstructionist, engineer, or other crash experts may review the photos and videos you and other witnesses took to determine what must have happened leading up to the crash, including the speed of the vehicles.
- File a lawsuit and pursue evidence through discovery. During the discovery, we can use various legal tools to gather information from the other parties. We can obtain inspection, maintenance, and repair records from the bus operator. We can obtain employment and driving records from the bus driver. If distraction may have been an issue, we may obtain the driver’s cell phone records.
Through an in-depth and independent investigation, your Fullerton bus accident lawyer can determine what happened and who was directly at fault for the crash. This, in turn, helps your attorney identify the party liable for compensating you for your injuries.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
Over the years, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers has investigated numerous bus accidents. We have found some of the most common causes of collisions to be:
- Lack of bus driver training and qualifications
- Bus driver inexperience
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving
- Failing to yield to the right of way
- Failing to yield to pedestrians
- Failing to check blind spots
- Unprotected left turns
- Vehicle defects
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
- Lack of appropriate safety measures
- Bad weather
- Defective roads and traffic signals
- Work zones
Contact a Fullerton, CA Bus Accident Attorney Today
When you are recovering from injuries sustained in a bus crash, we recommend retaining an attorney who will aggressively pursue compensation on your behalf. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we will pursue an insurance claim, a lawsuit, or an administrative claim against a government agency in order to win compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
To talk with an attorney about the best next steps and what your claim may be work, contact us online or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS. We offer free initial consultations at a time and location convenient for you.