Ventura Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyers
Ventura Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyers
Were you in a crash with a Lyft, Uber, or other rideshare vehicles? Whether you were the rideshare driver or passenger or were in another vehicle, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help. Our Ventura Uber and Lyft accident attorneys will guide you through the insurance claim process, which will likely be more complex than if you were involved in a crash with only personal vehicles. When necessary, we will represent you in litigation and aggressively pursue fair compensation for your injuries. Whether through an insurance settlement or lawsuit, it is important to fight for your financial recovery. The cost of a car crash that causes you harm can be significant. Our team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyer is proud to have helped more than 5,000 clients win over $300 million in settlements and court rulings. To talk with after a Lyft or Uber accident, contact us online or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS. We are available 24/7 to take your call, and we offer free consultations.
Common Causes of Uber and Lyft Accidents in Ventura, CA
We have helped accident and injury victims for years. One of the most common types of personal injury claims we handle is car crashes, including Uber and Lyft accidents. During this time, we have found that certain types of negligence are often the underlying cause of the collisions. Lyft and Uber accidents frequently occur because of:
- Distracted driving—Motorists may be on their cell phones, eating and drinking, paying attention to passengers or something outside the car, or reaching for objects. Uber and Lyft drivers, in particular, are known for using their cell phones while driving rideshare passengers.
- Speeding—Motorists may drive faster than the posted speed limit or what is appropriate for the conditions.
- Impaired driving—Motorists may be impaired due to alcohol, controlled substances, prescription drugs, or a combination of alcohol and drugs, which makes them unable to safely operate a vehicle.
- Drowsy driving—Motorists may get behind the wheel after a sleepless night or after weeks or months of suffering from insomnia or sleep disturbances. This can be as dangerous as drunk driving.
- Reckless driving—Motorists may perform all sorts of reckless maneuvers, including significant speeding, racing, ignoring traffic signs and signals, tailgating, weaving among traffic, passing in no-passing zones, and more.
How Our Ventura Lyft and Uber Accident Attorneys Can Help
There are many benefits to working with an experienced attorney after a crash involving an Uber or Lyft. To begin with, at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we thoroughly investigate collisions and gather as much evidence as possible. We will take steps to preserve and secure evidence, reducing the risk of evidence becoming unavailable over time. We will identify who is at fault and who is liable for compensating you for your injuries. This may be the same person, such as the at-fault driver, or it may be two different parties. For example, if you were a Lyft passenger and your Lyft driver caused the crash and your injuries, you have the right to pursue compensation from Lyft’s insurance policy. We will handle the insurance claim process for you. Insurance adjusters are notoriously difficult to deal with. Even if they appear friendly, they will be ruthless in placing the insurance company’s priorities above your own. An Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Ventura will protect your rights throughout the insurance claim process as well as promote your interests. Specifically, we will pursue the maximum compensation for your injuries. We will have worked closely with you, your medical providers, and any necessary expert witnesses to determine the value of your physical, psychological, and financial injuries.
Uber or Lyft Accident Compensation
When you are injured in a car crash that is someone else’s fault, then you may have the right to pursue compensation for your:
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Property Damage
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Reduced Earning Capacity
- Loss of Normal Life
Whose Insurance Covers Your Injuries?
One of the biggest questions after a Lyft or Uber crash is what insurance policy covers your injuries and compensation. The answer is that it depends. Just because someone has a Lyft or Uber label in their window, does not mean they were working at the time of the accident. If the driver was using their vehicle for personal reasons, you will file a claim against their personal auto insurance policy. However, if the Lyft or Uber driver was signed into the app at the time of the crash, then a Lyft or Uber insurance policy should cover the accident-related injuries. The policy limit depends on whether the rideshare driver had accepted a ride request at the time or not. When the driver has a passenger, both Lyft and Uber have policies up to $1 million.