Cupertino Brain Injury Attorneys
Cupertino Brain Injury Attorneys
The effects of a traumatic brain injury can be devastating for both victims and their families: Victims struggle to cope with a new reality that often involves cognitive and physical disabilities, while families are faced with supporting their loved one through his or her recovery. Our personal injury attorneys routinely represent individuals who have suffered brain injuries due to another person’s negligent or reckless behavior. Throughout the years, we have recovered more than $300 million in settlements and trial verdicts, a substantial portion of which was in catastrophic brain injury cases.
Types of Brain Injury Claims Our Cupertino Attorneys Handle
Our Cupertino personal injury attorneys have represented clients in all types of brain injury claims. Brain injuries can generally be categorized as one of two primary types: traumatic brain injury (“TBI”) and acquired brain injury (“ABI”).
- ABI describes any type of head injury that is not the result of a birth injury or a hereditary or degenerative condition. This may include stroke, tumors, infectious disease, or a lack of oxygen supply to the brain.
- TBI is a specific type of ABI that results from external force or strain aimed at the brain or nervous system. Our attorneys are experienced in representing accident victims who have suffered from TBIs.
In addition to concussions (which are classified as minor TBIs) and moderate-to-severe TBIs, our brain injury lawyers also represent victims suffering from:
- Closed head injuries;
- Open head injuries;
- Brain hemorrhages;
- Anoxic/hypoxic brain injuries;
- Diffuse brain injuries; and
- Other brain injuries.
Our attorneys have achieved successful outcomes in brain injury cases involving many types of accidents. We will investigate the cause of your brain injury and prepare for settlement negotiations based on the specific facts of your case, the nature of your injury, and the cause of the injury. In particular, we are experienced in negotiating settlements in cases involving the following types of accidents, among others:
- Car, truck and bus accidents
- Rideshare vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Scooter accidents
- Train accidents
- Boating accidents
- Airplane accidents
- Slip and falls
- Sporting accidents
Compensation for Brain Injuries in Cupertino, California
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our team can assist you in seeking compensation for physical, emotional, and financial damages stemming from a brain injury. These damages are referred to as “compensatory damages” and include compensation for the following losses, among others:
- Past, current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and reduced future earning potential
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disfigurement or disability
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
You may also be entitled to pursue punitive damages if the opposing party acted in a particularly egregious way. Our attorneys will evaluate your case to determine whether a claim for punitive damages is warranted.
Call Our Cupertino Brain Injury Attorneys
If you or a loved one have suffered a brain injury, from a minor concussion to a traumatic brain injury, we encourage you to seek help. To discuss your case with a member of our team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.