Cupertino Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Lawyers
Cupertino Train Accident Attorneys
Who can I sue? How do I go about seeking compensation? Can I afford a lawyer?
These are likely just a few of the questions you may have if you’ve been involved in a train accident. Fortunately, the answers are just a phone call away. Our Cupertino train accident attorneys have a history of helping victims fight for the compensation they deserve. Throughout the years, we have won more than $300 million in personal injury and wrongful death cases, a large portion of which has been in train accident cases.
Who is Liable for a Train Accident in Brea?
Identifying an at–fault party in a train wreck depends on the circumstances. For instance, a switch failure may be attributable to the party who installed it, while a crossroads collision may be due to the conductor’s negligent driving.
Our team will conduct a thorough investigation to identify any and all liable parties and to gather the evidence necessary to pursue a settlement in your favor. By identifying the responsible party, we can work more directly toward pursuing compensation for your injuries.
Some examples of liable parties in a train wreck include, among others:
- The business that owns and operates the train
- The business that owns and operates the tracks
- The business responsible for the maintenance of the train or tracks
- The business that manufactured, distributed, or sold any defective train or track parts
- Motorists or individuals trespassing on the tracks or railroad property
- Train passengers
- The conductor or operator
Common Causes of Train Accidents
Our experienced team will thoroughly investigate your case to determine the underlying cause of the accident. We have discovered that some of the most common causes of collisions involve some combination of the following factors:
- Conductor fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Failure to keep a lookout or to check blind spots
- Defective parts
- Mechanical failures
Compensation for a Train Accident Injury
Your personal injury lawyer will gather, analyze, and present the evidence in support of your case to ensure you have the strongest case possible.
We will collect evidence in some combination of the following:
- Medical records
- Photographs of your injuries and the accident scene
- Your pay stubs and tax returns
- Receipts from any medical expenses you incurred
- Expert testimony from accident reconstructionists or from medical, vocational, or financial experts
- Your notes about how the accident and your injuries have impacted your life
Discuss Your Case with A Cupertino Train Accident Attorney
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team will answer your questions, ensure you understand your rights, and devise a strategy to approach the claims process. We can handle each step of your train accident case, from gathering evidence to negotiating with an insurance adjuster on your behalf. When needed, we are poised to vigorously represent your interests in a California court of law.
Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review today.