Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Escondido
Many of the team of staff and attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers consider themselves as cyclists. Living coastal, riding a bicycle is second nature. What isn’t second nature, is cycling in fear of getting hit by a moving vehicle. However, due to the rise in distracted driving, bicyclists are hit every single day. There are very few attorneys in Escondido who solely practice personal injury litigation. Our team of bicycle accident lawyers only represent personal injury claimants and have represented hundreds of bicycle accident victims to a successful resolution. If you have been injured on a bicycle from the negligence of another, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact our Escondido bicycle accident law firm to see if we can help.
Common Bicycle Accidents:
- Distracted Driving: As the population increases in Escondido, more people are driving on the roads. Many drivers are texting, doing their makeup, playing on the radio, and cause accidents every single day.
- Speeding: Speeding will forever be an accident cause. Too often are people speeding and do not have time to react when a cyclist crosses the road.
- Lane Changes: When drivers merge, or change lanes, bicyclists tend to be in their blind spot and consequently they get hit. Drivers also tend to change lanes without checking all their mirrors or looking over the shoulder.
- Drunk Driving: Drunk driving and impaired driving is a major factor in every type of accident. When under the influence, drivers’ reaction time and vision is impaired causing many accidents.
- Poorly Maintained Roads: Many cyclists who have fallen due to faulty pot holes and poorly maintained government roads may be entitled to compensation
- Left Hand Turn: Many times, cars fail yield and check for other vehicles or bicyclists coming from the opposite direction, causing a collision with the cyclist.
Bike Accident Injuries:
No matter how fast you are, your experience level, or how aware of your surroundings you may be when you are riding a bicycle, a car will win every time. If you are hit by a moving vehicle, your chances of injury are high. Our team of bike accident lawyers have represented many bicycle accident victims who suffered minor to severe injuries. Most commonly, bicyclist suffer broken bones, open wounds, muscle and ligament tears, spinal injuries and even brain injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys understand the repercussions of suffering an injury. Dealing with an injury and trying to live your normal life is no easy task. That is where our team of bike accident attorneys will help.
Common Bicycle Accidents:
In California, cars and motor vehicles must leave 3 feet of space between their vehicle and a bicyclist if they are driving near or passing. Bicyclists however, must use hand signals when sharing the road with cars. It is important for bicyclists to wear brightly colored and protective clothing. Helmets are a critical piece that every bicyclist must wear on the road.
Do Not Deal with Insurance Companies Alone:
It is common for bicycle accident victims to have a hard time communicating with insurance adjusters. Our team of bicycle accident lawyers have years of experience communicating with insurance adjusters and know the ins and outs insurance companies try to take when settling a personal injury claim. It is important to know that our team of bike accident attorneys will help you receive maximum compensation for suffering an injury caused to you by the negligent act of another.
What to do After Getting into a Bike Accident:
- Seek medical care immediately
- Get everyone’s contact information who is involved in the accident
- Take photos of the accident scene and your injuries
- Get witness statement and contact information
- Contact our Escondido bicycle accident attorneys
Why Hire a Bicycle Accident Attorney?
It is important to know that our bicycle accident attorneys will protect your rights and will ensure you a on a path to recovery. If you are having trouble finding the right doctor or medical professional to diagnose your injuries, our team of Bicycle accident lawyers can facilitate treatment with leading Escondido medical professionals. Our team of attorneys can also help facilitate treatment with Escondido doctors or medical professionals who work on a lien basis. This means the medical expenses can be paid from the possible end settlement. It is important to know that our goal is to help you recover, physically and mentally. Our team of bike accident attorneys understand that not all injuries are recoverable, and we will help you get your life back on track by helping you recover the maxim available on your case.
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers works only on a contingency fee basis. If we do not win, we do not get paid. Essentially, hiring one of our bicycle accident lawyers is risk free, as we do not require any upfront fees. What are you waiting for? Contact our Escondido bike accident attorneys today! If you cannot make it into our office, we can come to you.
Managing Attorney, Ryan Harris, has been awarded: The Best Lawyers in America by US NEWS
CONTACT AN ESCONDIDO BICYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.