Fremont Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
A serious injury can devastate the lives of victims and their families. If you were hurt in an accident through no fault of your own, or if your loved one died due to another person’s intentional wrongdoing or negligence, turn to the Fremont personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers I for representation.
Our philosophy is to limit our caseload so we can give each client the personalized attention they deserve. We will help you identify all potential options of monetary recovery and fight for the highest possible settlement. Our trial attorneys have extensive litigation experience, so we are not afraid to take your case to court if the insurance company or opposing party refuses to cooperate.
With a passion for the law and a dedication to our clients, we have won more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free initial consultation.
Types of Accident Cases Our Fremont Personal Injury Attorneys Handle:
- Auto Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Aircraft Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Train Wrecks
- Turo Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
What Should I Do After Sustaining an Injury in a Sudden Accident?
If you were seriously hurt—whether due to a motor-vehicle crash, a slip and fall, or another accident—there are steps you can take in the immediate aftermath to protect your rights. While your health should be your top concern, your claim should also be a priority.
It is important that you avoid saying or doing anything that would jeopardize your ability to recover a fair settlement.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Call Law Enforcement: If you were hurt in a car accident or violent attack, you should contact the police right away. An officer will create a report that will serve as valuable evidence to prove when, where, and how your injury occurred, and who was responsible. Without this report, it may be difficult for your Fremont personal injury attorney to prove liability and tie your injuries to the incident.
- Document Everything: The more evidence you gather at the scene, the easier it will be for your lawyer to build a watertight claim. This evidence might include photos of your injuries and the accident scene, eyewitness statements and phone numbers, and the contact details of the person who caused your injuries and the owner of the property where the incident occurred (if it happened on private property). You should also take note of any surveillance cameras that might have recorded the accident.
- Undergo a Medical Evaluation: For a variety of reasons, it is not uncommon for victims of personal injury to forego the medical assessment. You may think your injuries are not that severe, or you might fear the cost of diagnostic tests and subsequent treatments. If you have a busy schedule, you might not want to carve out time to visit the doctor. However, undergoing a medical evaluation is essential if you intend to file a personal injury claim. Your lawyer will need your medical records to tie your injuries to the accident and prove their severity.
- Take Your Medical Care Seriously: The insurance company will look for any possible reason to dispute your claim. If you do not take steps to mitigate your damages—i.e. to minimize your healthcare bills, lost income, property repairs, and other losses—the insurer might try to hold you at least partially liable for your damages. In other words, if you don’t follow your doctor’s orders, the insurance company might argue that your own negligence contributed to the severity of your condition.
- Stay off Social Media: Even if you’re not an avid social media user, it might be tempting to publish a reassuring photo of yourself to show loved ones that you’re okay. Unfortunately, such a photo could be misrepresented by the insurance company as evidence that you are exaggerating the severity of your injuries. There are many other ways a social media post could harm your claim, so it is best that you stay off these websites—and disable your accounts—while your case is ongoing.
- Speak with an Experienced Injury Lawyer: A Fremont personal injury attorney can help you avoid critical mistakes, protect your rights, and make sure you are treated fairly. Your lawyer can also compile evidence, calculate your damages, and handle settlement negotiations on your behalf.
Discuss Your Case with Our Fremont Personal Injury Law Firm Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we work tirelessly to help our clients recover the compensation they need to pay for lost wages, medical bills, and other damages they have incurred due to other people’s negligence or reckless actions. To discuss your case in a free consultation, call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our contact page to reach us online.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price indication: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|