Modesto Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
If you or someone you love was injured or killed in an accident, you know firsthand how devastating such an event can be. The trauma is especially difficult to bear if another person’s negligence or intentional wrongdoing was to blame. The Modesto personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers understand the adversity you are facing, and we are here to help you get your life back on track.
We have extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies, and we are not afraid to take a case to trial if necessary. Our aggressive yet strategic approach to representing clients has resulted in more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts.
California has strict deadlines for filing tort lawsuits, so it is important that you take legal action as soon as possible. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free consultation.
Types of Cases Our Modesto Personal Injury Attorneys Attorneys Handle
- Car Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Motorcycle Collisions
- Airplane & Other Aircraft Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Serious Burn Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Dog Attacks
- Rideshare Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Scooter Accidents
- Turo Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
Will My Case Have to Go to Trial?
Whether or not your case will end up at trial depends on a variety of factors. Fortunately, the vast majority of personal injury and wrongful death claims are resolved without going to court. Avoiding litigation is usually in the best interests of all parties involved because it prolongs the proceedings and increases the legal expense; however, if the opposing party refuses to cooperate, taking your case to trial may be the best course of action.
Here are just a few factors that may determine whether or not your case goes to court:
- The total amount of compensation you are pursuing;
- Whether the opposing party is willing to accept a fair settlement offer;
- Whether you want to pursue punitive damages;
- Whether the opposing party believes you were partially or entirely at fault for your injuries or loss;
- The strength of your evidence; and
- The complexity of your case in general.
The Modesto personal injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will do everything in their power to help you obtain the compensation you deserve without going through the hassle of litigation.
Here are just a few steps we can take to increase your chances of recovering a fair settlement:
- Gathering All Available Evidence: The stronger your case, the more likely the insurance company will be to accept a fair settlement offer. You deserve an attorney who will investigate your claim from all angles and gather the evidence needed to prove liability and damages. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we take the time to review every case thoroughly, interview witnesses, and obtain all available evidence before we enter settlement negotiations.
- Handling Correspondence with the Claims Adjuster: Every time you speak to the claims adjuster without a lawyer, you take the risk of saying something that could harm your chances of recovering a fair settlement. One of our Modesto personal injury attorneys will handle this correspondence on your behalf so you aren’t coerced into making any compromising statements.
- Helping You Avoid Mistakes: If you do or say anything that brings liability or the severity of your injuries into question, it could result in a dispute that prolongs the proceedings and prevents you from recovering the compensation you deserve. After helping more than 5,000 clients, there’s not much we haven’t seen at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We know how easy it is for claimants to destroy their cases, and we will make sure you understand what to do (and what not to do) to give your claim the best possible chance of success.
- Consulting the Experts: The best attorneys know when and how to use medical, financial, and other experts to assist with the investigation and provide testimony. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we work closely with a broad range of experts who may contribute to the strength of your case.
- Helping You Meet All Relevant Deadlines: If settlement negotiations do not begin before the statute of limitations has passed, it is unlikely that the opposing party will pay a settlement because your case will almost certainly be dismissed if you file a lawsuit. Our Modesto personal injury lawyers will make sure you meet all relevant deadlines.
Speak with our Modesto Personal Injury Legal Team
Dealing with a serious injury or death in the family is always difficult. Let us relieve your stress by helping you navigate the legal system.
Many law firms throughout California refer their most complicated cases to us because they know we provide unparalleled representation. As a client of Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you can have confidence knowing your case is being handled by one of the toughest and most accomplished practices in the state. To schedule a free consultation, call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online.