Modesto Bus Accident Attorneys
Modesto Bus Accident Attorneys
If you have been harmed in a bus accident, you might be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other accident-related expenses. Our Modesto bus accident lawyers can help you navigate the claims process from filing your initial claim to negotiating with insurance adjusters on your behalf. Offering years of experience, we will tirelessly pursue the most favorable settlement possible and if needed, we will present your case to a judge or jury. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have represented thousands of clients and won numerous six and seven-figure settlements and verdicts, a portion of which have been in bus accident cases. To speak with a member of our team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Who Can I Sue for a Modesto Bus Accident?
Aside from the bus driver, there are multiple parties who may be liable for your injuries in a bus accident. These parties may share a portion of the driver’s fault and will be responsible for paying your damages. These parties may include (among others):
- The transit company: If an investigation reveals that the transit company failed to take necessary steps to ensure the involved vehicle was safe, and the evidence links this failure to the accident, you may be able to bring a claim against the company. For example, if the company’s policies required regular tire checks and an employee failed to comply, you may have grounds to sue the company if a tire malfunction caused the accident.
- The bus driver: If the driver was distracted, drowsy, or impaired at any point leading up to your accident, you may have grounds to sue him or her for negligent or reckless driving.
- Manufacturers of bus parts: If a defective mechanical part was responsible for the accident, you may be able to bring a claim against the entity that manufactured, designed, or distributed that part.
- Government entities: If an investigation shows that a government employee may have been at fault for your accident, you might have grounds to sue the government entity that owns the bus or employs the driver. This may also be true if the accident was caused by defective conditions on municipal roads, like neglected ice patches or potholes.
- Other drivers on the public roads: If another driver caused an accident by running a red light, failing to yield, rear-ending the bus, or otherwise driving negligently, you may be able to sue him or her for your injuries.
How Much is My Bus Accident Claim Worth?
Numerous factors will determine the monetary value of your claim, including the following:
- The cost of your medical care
- The permanence (or lack thereof) of your injuries
- Whether you sustained permanent scarring or disfigurement
- The amount of income you lost due to your injuries
- Whether your injuries will likely impact your future earning potential
- The cost of property damage you sustained in the accident
- Whether you incurred other necessary costs due to your injuries, including transportation, childcare, domestic help, and modifications to your home
- The extent to which your injury affected your social life, family relationships, and general well-being
- Whether you contributed to your accident in any way and if so, to what extent
- Whether the potentially liable party acted in a particularly malicious or egregious manner
Discuss Your Claim with a California Bus Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury from a bus accident, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our personal injury attorneys have decades of collective experience representing accident victims in negotiations with large motor carriers and their insurance companies. As such, we are poised to help you pursue compensation for your injuries and losses so that you can be made whole. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment. If you can’t come to our office, we will come to you. We look forward to serving you.