Palo Alto Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Palo Alto Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our motorcycle accident attorneys help victims pursue compensation for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, our goal is to pursue a settlement that will fully compensate you for your injuries. If needed, we will take your case to trial. Call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free case assessment today.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Claims our Attorneys Handle
Our Palo Alto motorcycle accident attorneys represent victims in the following types of accidents:
- Collisions with cars, buses, and tractor-trailers
- Motorcycle-pedestrian accidents
- Claims against government entities
- Accidents involving defective motorcycle or auto parts
- Catastrophic injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents
- Alcohol-related motorcycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents resulting in wrongful death
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have handled motorcycle accidents that result in a broad range of injuries, including, among others:
- Broken collarbone
- Broken backs, arms, legs, or wrists
- Road rash
- Head trauma, concussion, and traumatic brain injury
- Torn tendons
- Bruising and hematomas
- Emotional and psychological distress
- Wrongful death
How to Prove Your Claim
To recover damages for your injuries, you need to prove that someone else was responsible – or liable – for the accident. Our attorneys will help you establish that the defendant breached a “duty of care” owed to you by law. This breach of duty is called negligence. Common examples of negligence in the driving context are speeding, drunk driving, texting while driving, and unsafe lane splitting. Your attorney will gather evidence of negligence to build your case. The evidence your attorney uses will depend on the cause of the crash. For instance, if the defendant was drunk, your attorney may order a toxicology report. In most cases, proving negligence will also involve speaking to eyewitnesses who can recount exactly how the accident transpired and who was involved.
Damages You Can Recover
From medical bills to lost income, the expenses resulting from motorcycle accidents can pile up quickly. These concrete expenses are called “economic damages” – those you can prove by presenting evidence like copies of bills, receipts, and pay stubs. Your attorney will present evidence of your economic losses to an insurance adjuster and, if necessary, a judge or jury. In some cases, you may also be entitled to recover “non-economic” damages, which are intangible losses like emotional and psychological distress. Non-economic damages can be hard to prove, but an experienced personal injury attorney will know how to craft a compelling case on your behalf.
How an Experienced Accident Attorney Can Help You
- Communicating with the insurance companies: When you hire us, we will take over all correspondence with the at-fault party’s insurance company so that you can focus on more pressing items, like healing and seeking the medical treatment you need.
- Valuing your claim: In placing a monetary value on your damages, we will use a variety of strategies, from collecting your medical bills to hiring an expert to project the value of your lost income and future earning potential.
- Preparing for trial: Long before we consider filing a lawsuit, our team will gather and organize the evidence needed to litigate your case so that the opposing party knows that we are serious – and so that, should we decide to file, we are ready to take your case to court.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Speak with a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, we can help. We have years of experience helping accident victims pursue monetary compensation for their injuries and are ready to speak with you about your case. To discuss your case in a free consultation, give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online.