Palo Alto Train Accident Attorneys
Palo Alto Train Accident Attorneys
If you’ve been involved in a train accident, you probably have a lot of questions: “Do I have a case? How do I go about seeking compensation? Should I hire a lawyer? Who was the responsible party? Who can I sue?” Our Palo Alto train accident attorneys know the answers and are here to help. Throughout the years, we have won more than $300 million in personal injury and wrongful death cases, a large portion of which has been in train accident cases. To speak to a member of our team, call our office at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Who is Liable for a Train Accident?
Train accidents are usually the result of someone’s negligence. A vehicle and a train should not collide at a railroad crossing, a train should not run off its rails, and the engine should not explode. Nonetheless, these things happen and when they do, they can result in serious injuries and even fatalities. Regardless of the circumstances, our train accident attorneys can uncover critical evidence showing who – or what – caused your accident. By identifying the responsible party, we can work toward pursuing damages. Examples of the liable parties in a California train accident include:
- The business that owns and operates the train
- The business that owns and operates the tracks
- The business responsible for maintaining the train or tracks
- The business that manufactured, distributed, or sold any defective train or track parts
- Motorists or individuals trespassing on the tracks or railroad property
- Train passengers
- The conductor or operator
When you work with our attorneys, we will investigate your case to determine the underlying cause. Our train accident attorneys have discovered that some of the most common causes of collisions involve some combination of the following:
- Distracted or impaired driving
- Failure to keep a lookout or to check blind spots
- Defective train parts
- Mechanical failures
- Hazardous conditions or deferred maintenance on the train tracks
Based on who – or what – caused your accident, we will craft a case that is tailored to recovering the compensation you need to get back on your feet financially, heal, and move forward.
Seeking Compensation for Your Injuries
It is difficult to prove your case on your own. However, by working with an attorney experienced in handling the intricacies of liability in train accident cases, you will gain a partner and an advocate. Our personal injury lawyers are trained, skilled, and well-positioned to gather, analyze, and present the strongest evidence in support of your case. We will work to gather the strongest evidence in support of your case. Specifically, we will look for the following types of information before presenting a claim for damages to an insurer, a judge, or a jury:
- Your medical records
- Photographs of your injuries
- Photographs and/or diagrams of the accident scene
- Your financial records, from pay stubs to tax returns, that demonstrate your accident-related financial losses
- Receipts from any expenses you incurred, including travel expenses for your medical care, vehicle modifications made necessary by your injuries, and any home renovations that made your home more accessible post-injury
- Expert testimony
- Personal notes about how the accident and your injuries have impacted your life
Discuss Your Claim with a Train Accident Lawyer in Palo Alto
If you or a loved one have been injured in a train accident, it is vital to act quickly before the applicable statute of limitations tolls or vital evidence fades. As such, it is in your best interest to contact a lawyer sooner than later, no matter how minor your injuries seem. To discuss your case with a member of our team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment. If you are unable to travel to our Palo Alto office for a case review, we will come to you.