Paso Robles Train Accident Attorneys
Paso Robles Train Accident Attorneys
If you’ve been seriously injured in a train wreck, you probably have a lot of questions. Can I sue the railroad company? What kinds of damages can I pursue? How do I get started? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Paso Robles train accident attorneys provide the answers you need and can help you navigate every step of the proceedings. We’ve won more than $300 million in personal injury and wrongful death cases, a portion of which have involved train accidents. Schedule a free consultation today by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
What Kinds of Train Accident Claims Does Harris Personal Injury Lawyers Handle in Paso Robles?
- Accidents involving multiple trains
- Derailment accidents
- Accidents caused by defective equipment
- Accidents involving speeding
- Accidents caused by driver fatigue
- Accidents at railroad crossings
- Wrongful death train accidents
- Other train accidents
Who is Liable for a Train Accident?
Many parties might be liable for a train crash. By identifying the responsible party, we can work more directly toward pursuing compensation for your injuries. Some examples of liable parties in a train wreck include:
- The business that owns and operates the train
- The business that owns and operates the tracks
- The business responsible for the maintenance of the train or tracks
- The business that manufactured, distributed, or sold any defective train or track parts
- Motorists or individuals trespassing on the tracks or railroad property
- The conductor or operator
Compensation for a Train Accident Injury
The expenses stemming from a personal injury can be stressful and overwhelming. However, through a legal claim, you can seek to recoup some or all of your accident-related expenses. These expenses are called “economic damages.” Examples of economic damages include reimbursement for:
- Medical bills
- Lost income and reduced future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent physical limitations
Supporting Evidence for A Train Wreck Claim
By collecting evidence, you can show a judge or jury that you are entitled to compensation for your injuries. Your personal injury lawyer will gather, analyze, and present the evidence in support of your case to ensure you have the strongest case possible. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we will collect evidence in some combination of the following:
- Your medical records
- Photographs of your injuries
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Your financial records, from pay stubs to tax returns
- Receipts from any medical expenses you incurred, including travel expenses for your medical care, vehicle modifications made necessary by your injuries, and any home renovations that made your home more accessible post-injury
Additionally, your attorney might use depositions of expert witnesses to counter disputes from the defendant’s insurance company. For instance, the deposition of a medical expert may verify your healthcare costs, and the deposition of an economist may prove the value of your reduced future earning capacity. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we work with dozens of well-credentialed experts who can provide credible deposition testimony in train accident cases. We will know the kinds of experts to depose based on the facts of your case and how to get the most value out of their time and testimony.
Discuss Your Case with a Paso Robles Train Accident Attorney
For a free consultation, call our office today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS. You can also reach us online through our contact page. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we look forward to your call.