Paso Robles Truck Accident Attorneys
Paso Robles Truck Accident Attorneys
Truck accidents frequently result in traumatic brain injuries and other lasting physical damages. But the good news is that you don’t have to suffer alone: if you’ve been injured in a crash with an 18-wheeler, our Paso Robles truck accident attorneys can help you fight for the compensation you need to get back on your feet. Depending on the specifics of your case, you might have grounds for a claim against the truck driver, his or her employer, an auto parts manufacturer, or another party. Regardless of who was responsible, our truck accident lawyers have the experience and resources to take on the largest corporations, and we will fight to pursue the compensation you deserve. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free initial consultation with us today.
What Types of Truck Accident Cases Do Our Paso Robles Lawyers Handle?
From defective auto parts to hazardous road conditions, numerous factors can cause a serious or even fatal truck accident. Our Paso Robles truck accident attorneys represent victims in the following situations, among many others:
- Spilled cargo truck accidents
- Accidents caused by overloading a trailer
- Rollover accidents
- Tire blowout accidents
- Accidents caused by impaired or drowsy driving
- Blindspot truck accidents
What Can I Do to Protect My Claim?
In most truck accident cases, you will face a dispute with an insurer. For instance, if you were hit by a trucker who was driving recklessly and you successfully build a case against him, the trucking company’s insurer would likely cover your damages. Unfortunately, insurance adjusters scrutinize cases to look for reasons to deny injured parties’ claims. This is because they have a responsibility to protect the company’s bottom line. As such, you will need to work hard to preserve your claim, and your lawyer will walk you through how to do just that. Here are a few ways:
- Seek medical treatment:The insurance company will review your medical records to find out if you’ve taken steps to minimize your injuries. In other words, the claims adjuster will want to know whether you’ve done your part to heal. Because of this, waiting a substantial amount of time to see a doctor doesn’t look good to insurers. To avoid running into disputes (not to mention, to ensure you are taking care of yourself), visit a doctor as soon as possible after the accident – and follow that doctor’s orders regarding your course of treatment.
- Refrain from making recorded statements:It’s a standard practice for insurance companies to seek recorded statements from claimants. The companies will use these statements to dispute your claim. For instance, if you admit that your injuries have been mild or that you felt you contributed to the accident, you may jeopardize your case. As such, refrain from making any recorded statements until you speak with a personal injury lawyer.
- Minimize your social media footprint:To protect your claim, it’s wise to avoid posting to your social media profiles until your case is resolved. This is because an insurer may use your content as fodder to dispute your claim. For example, the adjuster may cite a photo of you shortly after the accident to prove that your injuries aren’t that severe.
- Document your related medical expenses. In California, truck accident victims can pursue compensation for economic damages, which include healthcare costs, lost income, and other verifiable expenses arising from the accident. Therefore, you will need to save related invoices, receipts, and other documentation for your lawyer to use in calculating a proposed settlement amount.
- Keep a personal diary:This is a good time to start a daily journal in which you describe your symptoms, from their severity and frequency to how long they last. You can also record how your injuries have impacted your life, work, and relationships. You may think that you’ll remember, but because many personal injury cases can last for months or even years, it’s vital to capture how you are feeling right now before those memories inevitably fade.
Discuss Your Claim with a Paso Robles Truck Accident Lawyer
Our attorneys have decades of collective experience representing accident victims in negotiations with large motor carriers and their insurance companies and are here to represent you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free case assessment. If you are unable to travel to our office for a consultation, we will come to you.