Redondo Beach Train Accident Attorneys
Taking the train to work or to run errands is convenient, cost-effective, and helps reduce traffic congestion. However, train accidents in Redondo Beach can happen. When they do, you can be left with serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we determine the causes and hold those at fault accountable.
Our Redondo Beach train accident attorneys have decades’ worth of combined experience helping clients get the compensation they need to recover. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Redondo Beach Train Accident Attorneys Protect Your Rights In Filing A Claim
Redondo Beach residents have easy access to the Metro C Line (Green) train. It runs regularly through the train station on Marine Avenue and connects to other Metro lines traveling throughout the Los Angeles area. For longer trips, you can take Amtrak in Torrance. In either case, though, you do need to be aware of the risks.
Train accidents are common and happen in a variety of ways, injuring passengers, pedestrians, and others involved. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we protect your rights in filing a claim. Common types of cases our Redondo Beach train accident attorneys represent include:
- Train crashes: These can involve collisions with other trains and fixed objects or trail derailments, in which rail cars jump the tracks.
- Onboard train accidents: These can happen during a trip and include getting struck by objects or thrown from your seat.
- Train station accidents: These include slips and falls on slick floors, from platforms, or during the boarding process and other serious mishaps that occur waiting for the train.
- Train crossing accidents: These are unfortunately common anywhere near where train tracks are located and can impact motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
What Causes Train Accidents In Redondo Beach?
Train accidents in Redondo Beach generally happen due to negligence on the part of the train company or their employees. According to the Federal Transit Administration’s (FTAs) Rail Safety Statistics Report, among the most common contributing causes include:
- Reckless operations, in which the engineer is under the influence, distracted from their duties, or otherwise engaged in dangerous behavior;
- Lack of proper signalling or communications with train stations, increasing the likelihood of collisions;
- Lack of proper mechanical maintenance, which includes problems with both the train and the tracks;
- General negligence on the part of the train company, such as not following proper safety guidelines, not vetting employees, or overworking staff.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we can conduct a thorough investigation into your case to determine exactly how and why your train accident happened and who is responsible. While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our Redondo Beach train accident attorneys focus on getting you the compensation you are entitled to.
Can I Sue For A Train Accident In Redondo Beach?
When you suffer injuries due to a train accident in Redondo Beach, you have two options in seeking compensation. The first is to file a claim with the train company’s insurer. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can guide you through the process, aggressively negotiating with insurers on your behalf. If your claim is disputed or settlements offered are less than what you deserve, we provide the professional legal representation needed to sue those at fault.
Our experienced Redondo Beach train accident attorneys file the appropriate legal documents with the court, gather evidence to support your claim, and make fierce arguments before the judge or jury in your case. Compensation available in a train accident lawsuit under the California Civil Code includes:
- Economic damages, which compensates for tangible losses, including both current and future medical expenses and lost wages.
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for pain, mental anguish, and other intangible losses. This includes any loss of enjoyment in life due to your injuries.
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for if the train company or its employees were grossly negligent, such as in cases where there were blatant violations of safety regulations or other issues the train company knew about that created obvious risks.
When representing clients injured due to train accidents in Redondo Beach, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers generally work on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
To Request A Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Train accident injuries in Redondo Beach can impact you for years into the future. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the professional legal representation you need to hold the train company and their employees accountable. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Redondo Beach train accident attorneys online today.