Redondo Beach Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrian accidents in Redondo Beach often cause personal injuries that impact victims and their families for years to come. When reckless driving on the part of motorists is to blame, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. provides the trusted legal representation you need to hold them accountable.
Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, our goal as experienced Redondo Beach pedestrian accident attorneys is get you the maximum amount you need to recover in a claim. Our top case results show settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Our Redondo Beach Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
Whether you walk for fun, to reach fitness goals, or to get to local shopping, restaurants, and other attractions, you need to be aware of the risks regarding pedestrian accidents. The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) warns that pedestrian accidents in Redondo Beach happen an average of nearly three times per month. This ranks us as one of most dangerous places to walk compared to similarly sized cities across the state.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you can count on our decades’ worth of experience to protect you and your loved ones when pedestrian accidents happen. Our Redondo Beach pedestrian accident attorneys help you get compensation for personal injuries that are common in these accidents, such as:
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and herniated discs;
- Broken bones, which often involve multiple fractures;
- Concussions and skull fractures, which can result in traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Crushing injuries, causing loss of limbs and damage to internal organs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, resulting in permanent scarring and infections;
- Road rash and burn injuries, due to contact with hot engine parts or fluids;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as sprained or torn muscles and tendons;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
What Are Common Causes Of Pedestrian Accidents In Redondo Beach?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that roughly 6,000 people are killed due to pedestrian accidents each year while tens of thousands of others are left with serious personal injuries. In the majority of cases, the reckless behavior of motorists is to blame.
As experienced Redondo Beach pedestrian accident attorneys, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you hold those at fault accountable. Common causes in cases we handle include:
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones, texting, or engaging in any activity while behind the wheel;
- Driving under the influence, which includes alcohol, recreational drugs, or medications;
- Drowsy driving, which is common at night and mimics the same effects as driving under the influence;
- Failing to yield, resulting in crosswalk and parking lot pedestrian accidents;
- Running red lights and stop signs, a common cause of pedestrian accidents at intersections throughout our area.
What Should I Do If A Pedestrian Accident In Redondo Beach Happens?
If you are injured in a pedestrian accident in Redondo Beach, there are steps you need to take to protect yourself and your rights in a claim. Notify police right away, get a description of the driver and vehicle, make note of any witnesses at the scene, and seek medical attention. In the days immediately after, you may be contacted by the at-fault driver’s insurer. Before making any statements or signing any documents, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers first.
Our Redondo Beach pedestrian accident attorneys aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in a settlement. If your injuries are severe or the at-fault driver is uninsured, we can file a pedestrian accident lawsuit against them. Compensation you may be entitled to under the California Civil Code includes:
- Coverage of current and future medical expenses;
- Reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in income or benefits due to long term disabilities;
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, scarring and disfigurement, as well as for any loss of enjoyment in life your pedestrian accident injuries result in;
- Punitive damages, which is an additional amount we can push for in cases where the at-fault driver is guilty of gross negligence.
What if a pedestrian accident in Redondo Beach involves a hit and run driver? You can count on our legal team to take the actions needed to locate them and hold them accountable. We typically represent clients on a contingency basis, so you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you.
To Request a Free Consultation, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
Pedestrian accidents can impact your health and the financial security of both you and your loved ones for years into the future. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is dedicated to helping you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Redondo Beach pedestrian accident attorneys online today.