Most auto accidents including two or more moving vehicles. However, in Santa Ana, it also is common for car crashes to involve pedestrians. You or a loved one may be hit by a vehicle when you are walking on the sidewalk, waiting at a corner, cross the street, or grabbing the mail from the end of your drive. When this happens, it is important to contact a Santa Ana pedestrian accident lawyer to discuss your rights and legal options. You may have the right to pursue compensation from the at-fault driver.
When you are searching for the right law firm after your pedestrian accident, we recommend calling us at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our team as decades of combined experience, through which we have developed a strong reputation. We also are proud to be able to say we have helped more than 5,000 individuals and families receive more than $300 million in settlements and court rulings.
To find out if we are the right firm for you, contact us online or call 1-80-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free consultation. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We can meet at our office or at a location more convenient for you.
Why You Need a Santa Ana Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
After being hit by a car, your first thought may be that the driver’s insurance will take care of you. However, we caution you against making this assumption. You may find that the at-fault driver lacks the legally required auto insurance.
You may find that your medical expenses and financial losses far outpace the policy limit. This is easy to do if the driver only carries the minimum required auto insurance and you are seriously injured.
Also, you may find that there is a good insurance policy that covers your injuries, but the insurer is uncooperative. The insurer may push back against your claim or try to drastically limit how much compensation you receive.
You should work with an experienced and skilled pedestrian accident attorney in Santa Ana to avoid difficulties with an insurer and to have someone available to protect and advance your rights. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are highly experienced in establishing pedestrian injury claims and negotiating fair settlements.
What to Do After Being Struck by a Vehicle in Santa Ana, CA
It is important to take the following steps after a pedestrian-vehicle collision. These steps will help you build your claim for compensation with an insurer or in court.
Our Santa Ana pedestrian accident lawyers recommend you:
- Call the police right away. You will want the police to arrive and make a formal report of the accident.
- Document the scene and your injuries. You or a companion can use your phone to take photos of the scene of the crash, the surrounding property damage, and your injuries.
- Exchange information: Ask for the driver’s name, contact information, and insurance information.
- Obtain witness’s information: If there are any witnesses at the scene, ask for their names and contact information.
- Obtain medical care: Even if you think you are not hurt, you should see a physician. Go to the emergency room following the accident, or at the very least, see a trusted physician as soon as possible. Follow whatever instructions your doctor provides in regard to treatment and rest.
- Call a Santa Ana personal injury lawyer: The best thing to do after someone else hurts you is to talk with a lawyer about your options. You may have a strong chance of receiving a full and fair insurance settlement, but it is better to have a legal advocate on your side than to try and pursue compensation on your own.
Common Causes of Pedestrian-Vehicle Accidents in Santa Ana
Pedestrian accidents happen for all sorts of reasons. In most cases, the cause of the crash comes down to a careless or reckless driver.
We have handled cases in which the driver was guilty of:
- Distracted Driving
- Drinking and Driving
- Drugged Driving
- Drowsy/Fatigued Driving
- Driving Without Lights at Night
- Failing to Stop at a Red Light or Stop Sign
- Failing to Slow Down or Stop for a Pedestrian Crossing Signal
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way
Immediately following the crash, you may not know what happened. You may have your suspicions. For instance, it may have seemed like the driver was moving faster than the 30-mph speed limit. Or, you may not remember seeing any head lights just before the collision.
Once you come to our Santa Ana pedestrian attorneys with your story, we will promptly begin to investigate the crash. We will gather as much evidence as possible to determine what happened in the moments before the collision and who was at fault.
Schedule a Free, No-Risk Consultation With a Santa Ana Pedestrian Attorney
Before you talk with an insurer or consider accepting a settlement offer, you should thoroughly understand your claim, including its strength and weaknesses and its potential value. The only way to gain this information is by working with a skilled personal injury lawyer.
Call us at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.
Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|