Very few injuries can upend a person’s life like severe brain trauma. The cognitive and physical effects can result in tremendous emotional and financial hardship for both the victim and his or her family. Our Temecula brain injury attorneys are here to help you pursue compensation for past and future medical bills, lost wages, and non-economic damages like pain and suffering.
We have extensive experience handling brain injury claims and an in-depth knowledge of the relevant case law and statutes. Our attorneys know the most effective strategies to employ during the initial investigation, settlement negotiations, and any litigation that may follow. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to set up a free consultation.
Types of Brain Injury Claims We Handle in Temecula:
- Auto accident brain injuries
- Brain injuries caused by falls
- Brain injuries caused by violent altercations
- Sporting accident brain injuries
- Other kinds of brain injury cases
Why It’s Important to Hire an Experienced Brain Injury Lawyer
Not all personal injury attorneys have handled traumatic brain injury claims. There are nuances to these cases that make them especially challenging. For example, the medical care for a brain trauma patient can easily reach tens of thousands of dollars or more, and if the injury is permanent, the claim might need to account for a lifetime of lost earning capacity. Because these cases usually involve substantial damages—often reaching several million dollars—insurance companies are inclined to invest far more resources into disputing them compared to claims that only involve minor, temporary injuries.
As such, you should find an attorney who takes a comprehensive approach to preparing for settlement negotiations and understands how to avoid and overcome the disputes that are likely to arise in brain injury claims. Our Temecula brain injury lawyers have won substantial settlements and verdicts in these cases. We know how to bring together the relevant facts, evidence, and experts to prove liability, causation, and damages.
If your injury is permanent, it’s likely that medical and financial experts will play an important role in the proceedings. Our attorneys work with a network of experts in a wide array of disciplines who have the credentials to assist with brain injury claims. If your case goes to trial, we know how to get the most value out of expert witness testimony.
Damages in Traumatic Brain Injury Cases
Although the financial awards in brain injury cases tend to be fairly substantial, the types of recoverable damages are the same as those available in other kinds of catastrophic injury cases.
Brain trauma victims may be able to seek compensation for the following damages:
- Past and Future Healthcare Expenses: Your claim can account for any emergency medical services, surgeries, physical therapy, and other necessary medical costs related to your injury. You can also seek compensation for healthcare services that you’re reasonably certain to need in the future.
- Lost Income and Earning Capacity: A traumatic brain injury can greatly diminish a person’s ability to earn an income. If you had to take time off work due to your injury, your claim can account for lost wages. If your injury will permanently reduce your earning potential, you can seek compensation for loss of future income.
- Property Damage & Miscellaneous Costs: Any economic damages you incurred as a result of the accident might be recoverable. If you were hurt in a motor-vehicle collision, your claim can account for property repairs. You can also pursue compensation for other reasonable and necessary expenses like home and vehicle modifications, domestic help, and alternative transportation.
- Pain and Suffering: Brain injury victims often endure tremendous pain and suffering. Our Temecula brain injury lawyers can help you calculate a reasonable figure for non-economic damages.
- Hedonic Damages: It’s not uncommon for a brain injury to prevent a person from enjoying the same activities that he or she loved before the accident. These injuries can also affect social and familial relationships. Hedonic damages refer to the loss of enjoyment in life, which can be the most devastating aspect of suffering brain trauma.
- Loss of Consortium: If your spouse or registered domestic partner sustained a brain injury and it has affected your relationship, you might be able to claim loss of consortium damages. This refers to the loss of companionship, sexual relations, care, protection, and moral support.
Our Temecula brain injury attorneys will help you account for all the economic and non-economic damages you might be owed. We will use every resource at our disposal to fight for the highest possible settlement, and if the opposing party is uncooperative, we have the litigation experience to represent your interests in court.
Discuss Your Claim with Our Temecula Brain Injury Lawyers Today
If you’d lie to discuss your case with an experienced, well-credentialed brain injury attorney, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We will come to you if you are unable to come to us.
Our law firm is here to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or fill out our online contact form to set up a free consultation.
Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|