Victorville Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Victorville Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
From permanent scarring to traumatic brain injuries, the effects of a motorcycle crash can be devastating. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our motorcycle injury attorneys have a history of helping victims pursue compensation for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, our goal is to pursue a settlement that will fully compensate you for your injuries. If needed, we will go beyond the insurance claims process and will represent your interests at trial. Call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free case assessment today.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Claims our Victorville Attorneys Handle
Our motorcycle accident attorneys represent victims in the following types of accidents:
- Accidents between motorcycles and motor vehicles
- Accidents between motorcycles and tractor–trailers
- Accidents between motorcycles and buses
- Accidents between motorcycles and pedestrians
- Claims against government entities
- Accidents involving defective motorcycle or auto parts
- Catastrophic injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents
- Alcohol-related motorcycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents resulting in wrongful death
How to Prove Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
To recover damages for your injuries, you need to prove that someone else was responsible – or liable – for the accident. Our attorneys will help you establish that the defendant breached a “duty of care” owed to you as a fellow motorist on California roads. Your attorney will also argue that this breach of duty directly contributed to your injuries. This breach of duty is called “negligence,” some of the most common examples of which include:
- Distracted driving
- Texting and driving
- Making illegal left turns
- Unsafely changing or splitting lanes
- Drunk driving
Your attorney will gather evidence of negligence to build your case. The evidence will depend largely on the cause of the crash. For instance, if the defendant was drunk, your attorney may order a toxicology report. Or, if the defendant hit you while running a red light, your attorney will likely seek traffic camera footage.
Damages You Can Recover
From overwhelming medical bills to lost income, the expenses stemming from motorcycle accidents can quickly spiral out of control. These expenses are called “economic damages” – those you can concretely establish by presenting evidence like copies of bills, receipts, and pay stubs. Your attorney will present evidence of your concrete losses to an insurance adjuster and, if necessary, a judge or jury, to place a monetary value on your damages.
You may also be entitled to recover “non-economic” damages, which are intangible losses like emotional and psychological distress. Non-economic damages can be difficult to prove, but an experienced personal injury attorney will know how to craft an argument to help you recoup these types of losses.
How A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Help You
- Communicating with insurance adjusters: From the moment you hire us, our attorneys will take over all correspondence with the at-fault party’s insurance company so that you can focus on your recovery process.
- Valuing your claim: It can be hard to reduce your accident to a monetary figure. We will use a variety of strategies, from collecting your medical bills to hiring an expert to project the value of your lost income, to attach a value to your claim.
- Preparing for trial: If we are unable to negotiate a fair settlement through the defendant’s insurer, we will take your case to court.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Speak with a California Motorcycle Accident Attorney.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, we can help. We have years of experience helping Californians pursue monetary compensation for their injuries and are ready to speak with you about your case.
To discuss your case in a free consultation, give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online. If you cannot make it to our office, we will come to you.