Chula Vista Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Chula Vista Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Bike accidents are unique in that they almost invariably result in serious injury: A biker simply cannot stand up to a multi-ton motor vehicle. Unfortunately, though, collisions between a motorist and bicyclist are not uncommon. Our Chula Vista bike accident attorneys have a long history of helping those who have been injured or lost loved ones in bicycle accidents fight for compensation. Our team is prepared to represent you in negotiations with insurance companies and, if necessary, in a court of law. For a free case assessment, call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Types of Bicycle Accident Cases Our Chula Vista Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
- Bike accidents caused by a motorist’s distracted or impaired driving
- Accidents caused by defective vehicle parts
- Accidents involving poor or hazardous road conditions
- Accidents involving rideshare vehicles
- Accidents involving multiple bicycles
- Failure-to-yield bicycle accidents
- Other types of accidents involving bicyclists on California roads
Catastrophic Injuries vs. Minor Injuries
The impact of a bike accident can range in severity from minor to catastrophic. A minor injury is one that does not result in lasting or substantial damage like brain or spinal cord damage. On the other hand, catastrophic injuries are life-altering. Cases involving catastrophic injuries proceed very differently from those that result only in minor injuries.
- Substantial Damages: First and foremost, catastrophic injuries result in much higher monetary recoveries – often in the millions. This is because catastrophic injuries often result in a lifetime of lost income and medical care.
- Scrutiny from Insurance Companies: When the stakes are so high, insurers will closely examine every aspect of the case, looking for reasons to either deny it or to reduce your recovery in order to protect their bottom lines. Our Chula Vista bicycle accident attorneys will ensure that you are not pressured into accepting a settlement that is less than you deserve. Insurance companies throughout California know that we do not hesitate to take a client’s matter to court if we cannot settle on a reasonable recovery amount.
- A Higher Likelihood of Litigation: Because of the severity of the injuries and the seriousness of the claim, a catastrophic injury makes it less likely that you will receive a fair settlement amount from an insurance company. As such, it is more likely that a catastrophic case will proceed to trial.
Even if you or your loved one suffered only minor injuries, it is still advisable to consult a personal injury attorney if you intend to file a claim. Our Chula Vista bike accident lawyers offer free case evaluations, so you truly have nothing to lose by contacting a member of our team.
Bicycle Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
The loss of a loved one in an accident is beyond devastating, particularly when someone else’s negligence caused the wreck. Pursuing legal action for your loss may be the last thing you want to do, but it’s important to consult an attorney as soon as possible. As time passes, key evidence can disappear, and the statute of limitations may toll. Because of this, you may eventually lose the opportunity to pursue damages if you delay. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are proud to represent the family members of those who have died in bicycle accidents. Our attorneys will apply their extensive knowledge and negotiation strategies to help you pursue fair and just compensation for your loss. At the same time, we understand that no figure can adequately fill the void left by a loss, and so we treat all of our clients with the utmost compassion and care at every stage of the process.
A Team of Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers
Our Chula Vista personal injury attorneys know how insurance adjusters think. We know that they are on your side until you request more treatment and thus, more compensation. That is where our guidance comes into play. We will take over all communications and negotiations with insurance companies and will help you seek the treatment you need, regardless of whether an adjuster deems it “necessary.” We understand that your injury is life burdensome and we will fight for your right to maximum recovery for the suffering you’ve endured. If you are unable to come to our office for an initial free consultation, we will come to you. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review.