Chula Vista Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Chula Vista Slip and Fall Injury Lawyers
A slip and fall accident can cause serious injuries and run up hefty medical bills. Not to mention, victims may be out of work for weeks or even months as they heal, while dealing with heaps of financial, emotional, and physical trauma.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are experienced litigators who know what it takes to pursue substantial awards for our slip and fall clients. More than 5,000 victims have turned to us for guidance and we have earned hundreds of five-star reviews on Google for our aggressive, effective legal services. Call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to speak with someone on our team.
Types of Claims Our Chula Vista Slip and Fall Attorneys Handle
- Weather-related slip and falls
- Poolside slip and falls
- Outdoor slip and falls
- Indoor slip and falls
- Falls caused by freshly mopped floors without associated warning signs
- Slip and falls caused by spilled liquids
- Falls due to a lack of adequate handrails on a stairwell
- Falls on public walkways and parking lots
- Slip and falls on public property
- Slip and falls on commercial premises
- Slip and falls on residential premises
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, or you were with someone when he or she fell on someone else’s property, it is important that you act quickly before critical evidence vanishes or is removed from the scene. At a minimum, our attorneys recommend that you do the following as soon as possible:
- Inform the property owner – or manager of the premises – that the fall occurred.
- If applicable, fill out an incident report.
- Contact the police department to secure an accident report.
- Take photos and videos of the area where the victim fell.
- Record the names and contact information of the property owner, tenant, or manager on-site at the time of the accident.
- Ask eyewitnesses, from casual passersby to onsite employees, for their names and contact information.
- Seek medical help for the victim by calling 911.
- Collect and preserve the shoes that the victim was wearing at the time of the fall.
- Contact a Chula Vista slip and fall attorney as soon as possible.
Because key evidence can be erased or forgotten, it is critical to gather as much information as possible at the accident scene while keeping the victim safe and comfortable. In addition to gathering this information on your own, however, be sure to contact an experienced personal injury attorney to help you preserve your claim and to thoroughly investigate the incident.
Pursuing Compensation for Your Slip and Fall Accident
After a serious accident, our personal injury attorneys may recommend filing a lawsuit for premises liability. Through the process, we will gather additional evidence in the form of business records, including whether – and how often – a site has been inspected, cleaned, or repaired. We will also collect records regarding whether similar incidents have occurred on the premises.
Our Chula Vista personal injury attorneys know how challenging a slip and fall case can be. In addition to suffering from serious injuries like broken bones, TBI, and soft tissue sprains, you are likely accruing astronomical medical bills. Speak with us about seeking reimbursement for your medical expenses as well as compensation for your physical and emotional injuries.
Through the insurance claims process, our lawyers will pursue compensation for your:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced or lost earning capacity
- Reduced quality of life
Discuss Your Case with a Slip and Fall Attorney in Chula Vista
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to another person’s negligence, reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We will answer your questions, ensure you understand your rights, and devise a strategy to approach the claims process. We can handle each step of your case, from gathering evidence to negotiating with an insurance carrier on your behalf. If necessary, we will vigorously represent your interests in a court of law.
If you cannot make it to our office for an initial free consultation, we will come to you. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review.