Dana Point Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Dana Point Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Rideshare services have become one of the most popular transport options for millions of commuters throughout the country. However, the drivers behind the wheels of these modern “taxis” are often under tremendous pressure to complete trips at a hair-raising pace. The results? Speeding, distracted driving, and the risk of causing a collision. If you were hurt in a crash involving a rideshare driver, either as a passenger or another motorist, turn to our Dana Point rideshare accident attorneys for guidance. We handle a wide range of accident cases, from truck collisions to hit-and-runs to train wrecks. As such, our legal team knows what it takes to succeed, whether it’s during negotiations, litigation, or trial. If you would like to discuss your options with our attorneys, contact us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
What Qualities Set Harris Personal Injury Lawyers Apart from Other Firms?
If you were seriously injured through no fault of your own, a personal injury lawyer can help prepare your claim and seek compensation for the associated damages from the liable parties. However, while lawyers may have similar qualifications, not all legal professionals are armed with the knowledge and resources required to provide exceptional representation to injury victims. With your financial security at stake, it pays to do your “homework” before hiring an attorney. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, your free initial consultation is both an opportunity to get to know our legal team and for us to give you insight into the strengths and weaknesses of your claim. Here are just a few qualities that set our lawyers apart from the rest:
- Applicable Experience: Many personal injury firms specialize in only one category of this expansive area of the law. For instance, there are some practices that only represent victims of car wrecks. However, what if you were the victim of a collision involving a rideshare driver, medical malpractice, or any other type of accident? You should make sure that your attorney has handled similar cases in the past and achieved successful outcomes in such instances. Proving liability in a truck accident claim will require an entirely different approach to demonstrating that a doctor was negligent while treating you. Our lawyers have overseen a range of different cases, from dog bites to car accidents to wrongful deaths. Not only do they have an in-depth understanding of the relevant statutes, case law, and proceedings, but they also have a track record of success—both in and out of court.
- Compassion: In the aftermath of a serious rideshare accident, it’s normal to feel confused and completely overwhelmed. This can be an incredibly trying time for both you and your family. As such, it may benefit you to find an attorney who can help make this challenging chapter of your life as stress-free as possible. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide personalized representation and will go to extra lengths to take care of our clients—whether that means returning your calls promptly or meeting you at your home to discuss your case.
- Trial Experience: While most claims are settled outside of court, there’s always a chance that your case may be one of the few that goes all the way to trial. Should this happen, you’ll want a lawyer in your corner who has the litigation experience necessary to prepare your case for the courtroom and advocate for you throughout proceedings. Our seasoned trial attorneys know what it takes to succeed in a personal injury lawsuit and can help you fight for a fair settlement.
What Evidence Could Help Prove My Personal Injury Claim?
While personal injury cases can differ drastically from one claim to the next, there is one unwavering rule that applies across the board: To obtain a financial award, you need to have strong evidence to prove liability, causation, and damages. Fortunately, once your attorney has evaluated your case, he or she will conduct their own investigation and collect any evidence that could help prove important aspects of your claim. Below are a few types of evidence that may help strengthen your case:
- Official Accident Report: If police officers responded to the scene, they will typically compile an official accident report containing details about when and where the accident happened as well as information about all the parties involved. If these officers were diligent, they may have taken down eyewitness statements and included their own analysis of who was responsible for the accident and how it occurred. Commonly, their report will also discuss deaths, injuries, and property damage stemming from the incident.
- Eyewitness Accounts: Anyone who saw the accident take place might be able to corroborate other evidence in your case.
- Surveillance Camera Footage: If there were surveillance cameras near the accident scene, this footage could help prove liability. Typically, it’s much harder to discredit raw footage captured by a nearby camera than it is to dispute an eyewitness account.
- Expert Witnesses: These individuals are specialists with specific qualifications that could provide high-level insight into aspects of your claim. For instance, if the insurance company disputes liability, your attorney may depose an accident reconstruction expert to determine who was responsible for causing the accident. Alternatively, an economist may be called on to testify as to how your injuries will affect your income earning capacity down the line.
- Medical Records: To obtain a financial award in a personal injury case, you will need to provide proof of the damages you incurred. Your medical records can help demonstrate the extent of your injuries, treatments undergone, the costs of any medical interventions, and other details of your recovery. Your lawyer may use these records to estimate the potential recovery in your case and to prove non-economic damages such as pain and suffering.
Speak to an Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney Today
Navigating the claims process alone after an accident is a daunting prospect—especially if you’re going up against a rideshare company. As such, you may be considering hiring an attorney to help guide you through this challenging chapter of your life. Our lawyers strive to make proceedings as straightforward and stress-free as possible for our clients, giving you the time to focus on what matters most: your recovery. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or complete our Contact Form to set up a consultation. The initial consultation is free.