Garden Grove Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Garden Grove Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Rideshare services have changed how we travel. Instead of waving your arms to hail down a cab or braving California’s bustling public transport networks, getting from A to B is now as easy as pressing a button. However, Uber and Lyft accidents can and do happen, and the consequences can be devastating. If you were injured by one of these drivers—as a passenger or another motorist—turn to our Garden Grove rideshare accident attorneys. Going up against a rideshare company and their insurer alone can be a daunting prospect. Our legal team can help level the playing field by providing tenacious representation at all stages of proceedings. Call our 24/7 phoneline at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to connect with one of our attorneys.
How Our Rideshare Accident Attorneys Can Assist with Your Claim
Before reaching out to a law firm in your area, you will want to know that hiring a lawyer is the right choice for you and your family. After all, you want peace of mind that an attorney will not only simplify your life but can also help achieve a favorable outcome for your case. While we cannot promise you a specific outcome for your claim—no attorney can—we do have the experience, knowledge, and resources necessary to help you pursue damages in the aftermath of a sudden accident. Here are a few ways we may be able to assist you with your case:
- Investigate the Accident: The insurance company will conduct its own investigation into the accident. However, you cannot trust their findings alone. Keep in mind that insurers generate a profit by taking in more in premiums than they pay out in settlements. As such, the claims adjuster might have a strong incentive to find any evidence that could help reduce the amount they pay. At HPI, you will have someone on your side to thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding the accident, gather evidence to prove liability and damages, and prepare your case for settlement negotiations, litigation, or trial.
- Approximate a Fair Settlement: Estimating the value of your losses in the wake of an accident is a crucial step in the claims process. Without a clear idea of what your claim might be worth, you may accept a settlement offer that falls short of covering all your accident-related damages. Through assessing the available evidence, consulting with expert witnesses, and using widely accepted methods for calculating losses in a personal injury case, we can help approximate a fair settlement for the losses you’ve incurred.
- Negotiate the Claim: Once the insurer approves your claim, you will then have to agree to a settlement. Our attorneys will know whether the claims adjuster’s offer is fair, or whether he or she is trying to lowball you with an unfavorable sum. We can also help represent you during negotiations, giving you the time to focus on your recovery.
- Litigate Your Case: If negotiations are unsuccessful, it may be in your best interests to file a personal injury suit. During the discovery stage of litigation, our attorneys can help gather evidence to mitigate disputes and prove key aspects of your claim. If your case moves to trial, you can rest assured that our seasoned trial attorneys will provide compassionate and tenacious representation from the first day until the final verdict.
Should I Start a Personal Injury Journal?
Car wrecks can lead to severe injuries that may take weeks, months, or even years to heal. During this time, it can be easy to lose track of the individual moments of your recovery. However, your ability to recall specific details about your symptoms, doctor’s visits, and the day of the accident itself could go on to play a crucial role in proving liability and damages. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we may advise you to start a personal injury journal. This diary is a space to record your pain levels, medication side effects, and other important information related to the accident and your recovery. Here a few other items you may want to include:
- Your Account of the Accident: Was the rideshare driver using their phone while driving? Were they distracted? What did you, the driver, and any other motorists involved say immediately after the accident? Writing an account of what happened on that fateful day will help ensure your memories are preserved. Not only may your attorney rely on your written account to guide his or her investigation, but he or she may also use this information to prove liability.
- Symptoms and Pain Levels: Even minor injuries can cause high levels of pain and discomfort which can have an adverse effect on your quality of life. Once enjoyable activities such as watching television, engaging in physical activity, or just spending time with your kids, may now feel challenging or even impossible. As such, as a plaintiff in a rideshare accident case, you may be able to seek compensation for the psychological effects of your injuries. Tracking your pain levels in your personal injury journal can help your attorney build a case for such losses. Whenever your experience pain or any other symptoms, you should record these moments. Make sure to describe the nature, severity, and duration of these sensations.
- Limitations Due to Your Injuries: Are you unable to work? Do your injuries prevent you from tackling household chores? How else have your injuries impacted your ability to perform everyday activities? Taking notes on the ways in which your injuries limit you could help your attorney determine which losses may be available.
- Doctor’s Visits: Whenever you visit the doctor or sit down for a consultation with a specialist, you should take notes on what is said. Not only will this help you keep tabs on their instructions, but these entries could also assist your attorney during their investigation.
Contact Us Today to Speak to a Garden Grove Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney
Our legal team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or click through to our Contact Page to setup a free case assessment.