Garden Grove Truck Accident Attorneys
Garden Grove Truck Accident Attorneys
Even hitched to just an empty trailer, the average commercial truck weighs around 17 tons. A crash involving one of these massive vehicles can be devastating, leading to catastrophic injuries and a sky-high medical bills. If you were hurt in a collision, our Garden Grove truck accident attorneys are here to help. From truck wrecks and pedestrian accidents to dog bites and wrongful deaths, we’ve handled a variety of different cases, helping our clients obtain millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements. If you would like to sit down with one of our attorneys, contact us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
How Our Legal Team Can Assist with Your Claim
Nobody plans for a serious accident, so when it happens, it’s expected that you’d have no idea what to do next. Your top priority should always be to seek immediate medical treatment, but that shouldn’t be your only concern. Taking steps to build a convincing claim can help you obtain the financial award you need to get your life back on track, helping you pay off your medical bills, cover lost wages, and pick up the tab for your other accident-related expenses. Below are a few ways out attorneys can help you seek compensation for your losses:
- Gather Evidence: Some evidence in a personal injury case may be time sensitive. For instance, road markings can fade overtime, surveillance camera footage may be erased, and eyewitnesses might forget what they saw on that fateful day. Once you’ve sat down with one of our lawyers, he or she will launch their own investigation to ensure this evidence is collected before it becomes unavailable.
- Handle Correspondence with the Insurance Company: When you’re dealing with an insurance company, it pays to keep in mind that they only care about one thing: money. The more insurers are forced to pay out in claims, the less they make. As such, claims adjusters will often look for any reason to reduce or deny your claim, going to great lengths to unearth evidence that could be used to dispute aspects of your case. One strategy may involve asking you to provide a recorded statement. This “interview” is often set up to elicit specific responses from claimants that can be used to challenge their cases. Our legal team will take over all dialogue with the insurance company, reducing the risk of you inadvertently saying something that might compromise your claim.
- Help You Avoid Costly Mistakes: From posting about your claim on social media to ignoring your doctor’s instructions to failing to track your damages, there are numerous ways you could harm your case. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys will help guide you through this challenging chapter of your life, advising you on the best actions to take to safeguard your claim.
- Answer Your Questions: Becoming a lawyer takes years of studying, and even the most experienced attorneys don’t have in-depth knowledge of all areas of the law. As such, it’s normal for you to feel confused, overwhelmed, and stressed out when confronted with the legal world’s indecipherable jargon, complex proceedings, and nuanced laws. Our attorneys strive to make themselves available at all times—including after hours and on weekends—to answer your questions so that you always know where you stand.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
If you were involved in a truck wreck, you’re probably struggling under the weight of your medical bills, repair costs, and other expenses. Understandably, you may be eager to find out how much your case is worth, and whether there is light at the end of this seemingly endless tunnel. While there are methods for estimating the potential recovery in a personal injury case, our lawyers will first need to conduct a thorough investigation to determine which damages may be available in your situation. Below are a few factors we may consider:
- Strength of Your Evidence: In a personal injury case, you will not only have to prove that another party is liable for your injuries, but also demonstrate the extent of your damages. If you’re missing important evidence, you’re opening the door for insurance companies to dispute aspects of your case and potentially deny your claim. Our legal team can help you gather the appropriate evidence to prove liability, causation, and damages, and prepare this evidence for settlement negotiations or trial.
- Cost of Medical Treatment: Victims of serious accidents are often left to pay off sky-high medical bills. Fortunately, these expenses may be recoverable as part of your personal injury claim. Your attorney may advise you to delay negotiations until you’ve achieved maximum medical improvement as this will give you a better idea of the full costs associated with treating your injuries.
- Amount of Income You’ve Lost Due to Your Injuries: Whether you had to take time off work to let your injuries heal or you’ve suffered a permanent disability that will prevent you from returning to your old job, wages lost as a result of your injuries could form part of the potential recovery. Your attorney may consult with vocational experts and economists to get an accurate estimate of the full value of both past and future lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: If your injuries led to extreme pain and suffering, emotional distress, or had any other debilitating psychological effects, you may be entitled to compensation for these intangible losses.
Find a Truck Accident Attorney in Garden Grove Today
If you or someone you love was hurt in an accident involving a truck, train, car, or negligent property owner, turn to our attorneys for legal guidance and advice. We have decades of collective experience negotiating, litigating, and settling claims. Contact us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or click through to our Contact Form to schedule a case assessment. The initial consultation is free.