Glendora Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Glendora Train Accident Attorneys
While trains provide a convenient and cost-effective way to travel, train accidents in Glendora are a major concern. They can occur in a variety of ways, often resulting in serious personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc., we help train accident victims and their families get the compensation they need to recover.
With decades worth of combined experience, our Glendora train accident attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need in filing a claim. Our top case results reveal settlements and jury awards totaling millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to request a free consultation.
Get The Trusted Legal Guidance You Need From Our Glendora Train Accident Attorneys
Many residents rely on the Metro L/Gold line to take them back and forth to Los Angeles. While this means relying on train stations in nearby communities, the Foothills Gold Line extension project promises a new station right in Glendora with greater options to travel between the coast and San Gabriel Valley.
Taking the train can save you time as well as money in gas and parking fees, but you need to be aware of the risks. Train accidents in Glendora happen on a regular basis. When you suffer personal injuries as a result, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers provide the trusted legal guidance you need in filing a claim. Cases our Glendora train accident attorneys handle include:
- Train accidents involving crashes and collisions with other trains or fixed objects;
- Train derailment accidents, in which passenger cars either roll over or jump the tracks;
- Train track accidents, impacting motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians;
- Train station accidents, such as slips and falls while waiting for the train or when boarding;
- Train accidents that impact passengers during their trip, such as being thrown from your seat, inhaling toxic fumes, or getting struck by objects.
How Do Train Accidents In Glendora Happen?
According to statistics from the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), close to 600 people are injured in train accidents in California each year. This represents one of the highest rates in the country and considering the amount of train traffic and rail construction projects going on in our area, residents of Glendora are at an increased risk.
When train accidents in Glendora do occur, it is often due to negligence on the part of the train company or their employees. Common causes in cases Harris Personal Injury Lawyers represent include:
- Reckless operations on the part of the train conductor, such as speeding, driving distracted, and being under the influence;
- Mistakes and errors on the part of attendants, signalers, and other supporting staff;
- Train malfunctions due to improper maintenance and faulty parts;
- Negligence on the part of the train company, such as failing to vet their employees or monitor daily operations.
While you focus on recovering from your injuries, our Glendora train accident attorneys focus on conducting a thorough investigation into your case. We determine how your train accident happened and who can be held liable in a claim.
How Can I Get Compensation For Train Accident Injuries?
When train accidents in Glendora happen due to the negligence of the train company or their employees, you have the right to hold them accountable for the expenses you incur as a result. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team can guide you in filing an insurance claim. We negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf with the goal of getting you the maximum amount in any settlements.
In the event the train company disputes your claim, you can count on our Glendora train accident attorneys to take additional legal actions as needed. This includes filing a civil lawsuit against the conductor, train company executives, and others who may be responsible. Under the California Civil Code, compensation available through a train accident lawsuit includes:
- Economic damages: This covers tangible losses you suffer. It includes your current medical costs and lost wages as well as any future medical expenses and lost income you are likely to incur.
- Non-economic damages: This covers intangible losses you suffer. It includes compensation for your pain, suffering, and any loss of enjoyment in life your injuries result in.
- Punitive damages: This is an additional amount we can push for in cases where the train company or their employees acted in a particularly willful and negligent manner. It is designed to punish them and prevent others from engaging in similar behavior.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we generally represent victims of train accidents on a contingency basis. This means you pay no attorney fees unless we get money for you. To discuss your options in filing a claim, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Glendora train accident attorneys online and request a free consultation today.