Tustin Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Tustin Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
The effects of a motorcycle crash can be devastating. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our motorcycle accident attorneys have a history of helping victims pursue compensation for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, our goal is to pursue a settlement that will fully compensate you for your injuries. If needed, we will take your case to trial. Call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free case assessment today. If you are unable to travel to our Tustin office, we will come to you.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Claims our Attorneys Handle
Our Tustin motorcycle accident attorneys represent victims in the following types of accidents:
- Collisions with cars, buses, and tractor-trailers
- Motorcycle-pedestrian accidents
- Claims against government entities
- Accidents involving defective motorcycle or auto parts
- Catastrophic injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents
- Alcohol-related motorcycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents resulting in wrongful death
How to Prove Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
To recover damages for your injuries, you need to prove that someone else was responsible – or liable – for the accident. Our attorneys will help you establish that the defendant breached a “duty of care” owed to you by law. This breach of duty is called “negligence.” Common examples of negligence in the driving context are speeding, drunk driving, texting while driving, and unsafely changing or splitting lanes. Your attorney will gather evidence of negligence to build your case. The evidence will depend largely on the cause of the crash. For instance, if the defendant was drunk, your attorney may order a toxicology report. Or, if the defendant hit you while running a red light, your attorney will likely seek traffic camera footage. In most cases, proving negligence will also involve speaking to eyewitnesses who can recount exactly how the accident and who was involved.
Damages You Can Recover
From costly medical bills to lost income, the expenses stemming from motorcycle accidents are serious and often bankrupt victims. These expenses are called “economic damages” – those you can prove by presenting evidence like copies of bills, receipts, and pay stubs. Your attorney will present evidence of your concrete losses to an insurance adjuster and, if necessary, a judge or jury, to place a monetary value on your damages. You may also be entitled to recover “non-economic” damages, which are intangible losses like emotional and psychological distress. Non-economic damages can be hard to prove, but an experienced personal injury attorney will know how to craft an argument to help you recoup these types of losses.
How A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Help You
- Communicating with insurance adjusters: From the moment you hire us, our attorneys will take over all correspondence with the at-fault party’s insurance company so that you can focus on your recovery process.
- Valuing your claim: It can be hard to reduce your accident to a single figure. We will use a variety of strategies, from collecting your medical bills to hiring an expert to project the value of your lost income, to attach a value to your claim to start negotiations.
- Preparing for trial: If we are unable to negotiate a fair settlement through the defendant’s insurer, we will take your case to trial.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Speak with a Tustin Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, we can help. We have years of experience helping Californians pursue monetary compensation for their injuries and are ready to speak with you about your case. To discuss your case in a free consultation, give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online.