Tustin Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Tustin Train Accident Attorneys
Our Tustin train accident attorneys have a history of helping victims fight for the compensation they deserve. Throughout the years, we have won more than $300 million in personal injury and wrongful death cases, a large portion of which has been in train accident cases. To speak to a member of our team, get started by giving us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Train Accident Causes and Liability
We’ve discovered that some of the most common causes of train accidents involve the following factors, among others:
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Failure to keep a lookout or to check blind spots
- Defective parts
- Mechanical failures
Many different parties may be responsible for a train accident. Our legal team will conduct a thorough investigation to uncover evidence of who – or what – caused the accident. By identifying the responsible party, we can work more directly toward pursuing compensation for your injuries.
Some examples of liable parties in a train wreck include:
- The business that owns and operates the train
- The business that owns and operates the tracks
- The business responsible for the maintenance of the train or tracks
- The business that manufactured, distributed, or sold any defective train or track parts
- Motorists or individuals trespassing on the tracks or railroad property
- The conductor
Supporting Your Claim
It is extremely difficult to prove your case on your own. However, by working with a train accident attorney, you will gain a partner and advocate who can gather, analyze, and present the evidence in support of your case.
No matter who is liable for your injuries, it is critical to take steps after a train accident to preserve your claim. This will avoid unnecessary delays and ensure your case is positioned for success.
To do so, you should be prepared to provide your personal injury lawyer with the following types of evidence:
- Photos of your injuries and the accident scene
- Any posts or comments you’ve made on social media platforms regarding the accident or your injuries
- Records from any medical assessments or treatments you’ve received post-accident
- Correspondence with insurance adjusters, other passengers, eyewitnesses, and potentially responsible parties
- Personal notes on the details of your accident, your injuries and treatment, and your communications with others about the accident
Compensation for a Train Accident Injury
The expenses stemming from a personal injury can be stressful and overwhelming. However, through a valid legal claim, you can seek to recoup some or all of your accident-related expenses. These expenses are called “economic damages,” those that you can quantify by producing copies of bills, receipts, and pay stubs. Examples of economic damages include reimbursement for:
- Past, current and future medical bills related to the accident and your resultant injuries
- Lost income
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent physical limitations
- Mental and emotional distress
In some cases, you may also be able to pursue exemplary damages, also known as “punitive damages.” These types of damages are applied in a few unique circumstances in which the other party’s conduct was extremely negligent or egregious. An exemplary damages award tends to be discretionary, and your attorney will help you determine whether it’s worth pursuing one in your case.
Discuss Your Case with a Train Accident Attorney
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team will answer your questions, ensure you understand your rights, and devise a strategy to approach the claims process. We can handle each step of your train accident case, from gathering evidence to negotiating with an insurance carrier on your behalf.
Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review.