Brea Bus Accident Lawyers
Brea Bus Accident Lawyers
If you have been harmed in a bus accident, you might be entitled to recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and other accident-related expenses. Our experienced bus accident lawyers can help you navigate the claims process, working to pursue the most favorable settlement possible. We have represented thousands of clients and won numerous six and seven-figure settlements and verdicts, a portion of which have been in bus accident cases. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free case assessment today. If you cannot make it to our Brea office, we will come to you.
Who Can I Sue?
Under California law, multiple parties may be liable for your injuries. In addition to the bus driver, these parties may include, among others:
- The transit company: If an investigation reveals that the transit company failed to take necessary steps to ensure the bus was safely maintained, you may be able to bring a claim against it.
- Manufacturers: A mechanical part – like a defective engine – may be responsible for the accident. If so, you may be able to bring a claim against the entity that manufactured, designed, or distributed that bus part.
- Other drivers on the public roads: You may be able to sue another driver who caused an accident by running a red light, failing to yield, rear-ending the bus, or otherwise driving negligently.
Bringing a Claim for Recovery
When you work with us, you can rest assured that we will help you craft a case built on real, concrete evidence. Our goal is to help you walk away with the compensation that you need to move on with your life. An insurance adjuster may attempt to coerce you into making statements that devalue your claim and reduce your damages award. As such, it is vital that you do not speak with a claims adjuster until you have consulted your attorney. Additionally, it is advisable to stay off social media during the claims process so that you do not inadvertently post anything that an adjuster can use to contest the severity of your injuries.
How Much is My Bus Accident Claim Worth?
Numerous factors will determine the monetary value of your claim, including the following:
- The cost of your medical care
- The permanence of your injuries
- Whether you sustained permanent scarring or disfigurement
- The amount of income you lost due to your injuries
- Whether your injuries will likely impact your future earning potential
- The cost of property damage you sustained in the accident
- Whether you incurred other necessary costs due to your injuries, including transportation, childcare, domestic help, and modifications to your home
- The extent to which your injury affected your social life, family relationships, and general well-being
- Whether you contributed to your accident in any way and if so, to what extent
- Whether the potentially liable party acted in a malicious or reckless manner
Discuss Your Claim with a California Bus Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury from a bus accident, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our Brea personal injury attorneys have decades of collective experience representing accident victims in negotiations with large motor carriers and their insurance companies. As such, we are poised to help you pursue compensation for your injuries and losses so that you can be made whole and move on with your life after a devastating accident. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment.