Brea Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Brea Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
A text message. The “ding” of a new email. A quick glance at the radio to change stations. A single moment of inattention. These are all it takes to injure or even kill a pedestrian. California suffers some of the highest rates of pedestrian fatalities in the nation, the vast majority of which are caused by distracted or impaired driving. Our Brea pedestrian accident lawyers know the adversity victims of these accidents face as they struggle to heal physically, emotionally, and financially. If you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian collision, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney. Throughout the years, we have won more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts and have a track record of success in pedestrian accident cases. Our team is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we can come to you if you are unable to travel. Give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to get started.
How Will My Attorney Prove Liability?
A range of factors and behaviors can divert a driver’s focus and result in catastrophic pedestrian accidents. Depending on what caused the accident, our attorneys will use different tactics, from hiring an accident reconstructionist to replicate the accident scene, to proving a driver’s intoxication or impairment. We understand the laws governing both motorists and pedestrians and will build an argument that is tailored to the unique circumstances of your case. Your attorney’s approach will depend on several factors, from what caused your accident, to where it happened and whether the police attended the accident scene. Generally, your attorney will seek the following evidence in building a case for liability:
- Any available footage of the accident, from dashcam recordings to traffic light cameras, can provide valuable evidence of a driver’s negligence.
- If the police attended the accident scene, your attorney will likely obtain a copy of the report to glean valuable content.
- The driver’s cell phone records provide insight into whether the driver was distracted at the time of the accident – for instance, if the driver was texting, emailing, or scrolling apps on his or her phone just before the collision occurred.
- Photos of the accident scene provide evidence as to what happened immediately before and after the accident.
- Additionally, photos of your injuries – and how they changed over time – can show an insurance adjuster or judge the severity of your damages.
- Bystanders or casual observers can testify as to what happened during the moments leading up to the crash. If you spoke with any eyewitnesses at the time of your accident, be sure to bring your notes to your initial consultation with your attorney.
- Should an insurance adjuster dispute the cause of your injuries, their severity, and the value of your lost income or medical expenses, your attorney may engage an expert witness to place a monetary value on your losses.
For a Free Consultation with our Brea Pedestrian Accident Lawyers, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our experience representing accident victims throughout Brea, California, positions us to help you pursue maximum compensation for your injuries and other losses. Throughout the years, we have helped injured clients collectively recover more than $300 million in damages. A member of our legal team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your questions. Call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online. If you cannot make it to our Brea office, we will come to you.