Buena Park Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Buena Park Train Accident Attorneys
If you’ve been injured in a train wreck, you likely have questions. Who can I sue? What damages can I pursue? How do I go about seeking compensation? Can I afford a lawyer?
The answers to these and your other questions are a phone call away. Our Buena Park train accident attorneys have a history of helping victims fight for the compensation they deserve. Throughout the years, we have won more than $300 million in personal injury and wrongful death cases, a large portion of which has been in train accident cases.
To speak to a member of our team, get started by giving us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Who is Liable for a Train Accident in Buena Park?
Many different parties may be liable for a train crash. Our legal team will conduct a thorough investigation to identify any and all liable parties and to gather the evidence necessary to pursue a settlement in your favor.
Identifying an at-fault party in a train wreck depends on the circumstances. For instance, a switch failure may be attributable to the party who installed it, while a crossroads collision may be due to the conductor’s negligent driving. Regardless, our train accident attorneys are here to uncover critical evidence showing who – or what – caused the accident.
By identifying the responsible party, we can work more directly toward pursuing compensation for your injuries. Some examples of liable parties in a train wreck include:
- The business that owns and operates the train
- The business that owns and operates the tracks
- The business responsible for the maintenance of the train or tracks
- The business that manufactured, distributed, or sold any defective train or track parts
- Motorists or individuals trespassing on the tracks or railroad property
- Train passengers
- The conductor or operator
Common Causes of California Train Accidents
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our experienced team will thoroughly investigate your case to determine the underlying cause of the wreck.
Our train accident attorneys have discovered that some of the most common causes of collisions involve some combination of the following factors, among others:
- Conductor fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Failure to keep a lookout or to check blind spots
- Defective parts
- Mechanical failures
Compensation for a Buena Park Train Accident Injury
By compiling critical evidence, your attorney can show a judge or jury that you are entitled to compensation for your injuries. Your personal injury lawyer will gather, analyze, and present the evidence in support of your case to ensure you have the strongest case possible.
We will collect evidence in some combination of the following:
- Medical records
- Photographs of your injuries
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Your financial records, from pay stubs to tax returns
- Receipts from any medical expenses you incurred, including travel expenses for your medical care, vehicle modifications made necessary by your injuries, and any home renovations that made your home more accessible post-injury
- Expert testimony, from accident reconstructionists to medical, vocational, or financial experts
- Your own personal notes about how the accident and your injuries have impacted your life
Steps to Take after A Train Accident
No matter who is liable for your injuries, it is critical to take steps after a train accident to preserve your claim. This will avoid unnecessary delays and ensure your case is positioned for success.
In addition to presenting photos of your injuries and the accident scene, you should provide your personal injury lawyer with other bits of evidence, including the following:
- Records from a medical assessment
- All relevant correspondence
- A journal documenting your injuries and your treatment progress
Discuss Your Case with a Buena Park Train Accident Attorney
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team will answer your questions, ensure you understand your rights, and devise a strategy to approach the claims process. We can handle each step of your train accident case, from gathering evidence to negotiating with an insurance carrier on your behalf. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review today.