Buena Park Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Buena Park Bus Accident Attorneys
If you have been harmed in a bus accident, you might be entitled to recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and other accident-related expenses.
Our Buena Park bus accident lawyers can help you pursue the most favorable settlement possible. Throughout our collective decades of experience, we have represented thousands of clients and won six and seven-figure settlements and verdicts, a portion of which have been in bus accident cases.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free case assessment today. If you cannot make it to our Buena Park office, we will come to you.
Who is Liable for My Injuries in A California Bus Accident?
Under California law, multiple parties may be liable for your injuries. These parties may share a portion of the bus driver’s fault.
These parties may include (among others):
- The transit company: If an investigation reveals that the transit company failed to take necessary steps to ensure the bus was safely maintained, you may be able to bring a claim against it.
- Manufacturers: A mechanical part – like a defective engine – may be responsible for the accident. If so, you may be able to bring a claim against the entity that manufactured, designed, or distributed that bus part.
- Other drivers on the public roads: You may be able to sue another driver who caused an accident by running a red light, failing to yield, rear-ending the bus, or otherwise driving negligently.
Questions Your Bus Accident Attorney May Ask You
The specific questions your lawyer asks you will depend upon the unique facts of your case.
Generally, you should expect to answer the following:
- How, when, and where did the accident occur?
- What types of injuries did you sustain?
- Have you sought treatment for your injuries? If so, what? What is your prognosis?
- Has anyone involved in the accident contacted you? Did you provide any statements? If so, what did you say?
- Who witnessed the accident? Did you collect contact information for these witnesses?
- Have you been able to work since your accident?
- What accident-related expenses have you incurred?
- Have you posted about your accident or injuries on social media?
- Did you take any photos of the accident scene? Of your injuries?
- How are you feeling physically right now?
Valuing Your Bus Accident Claim
Numerous factors will determine the monetary value of your claim, including the following:
- The cost of your medical care
- The severity and permanence of your injuries
- Whether you sustained scarring or disfigurement
- The amount of income you lost due to your injuries
- Whether your injuries will likely impact your future earning potential
- The cost of property damage you sustained in the accident
- Whether you incurred other necessary costs due to your injuries, including transportation, childcare, domestic help, and modifications to your home post-accident
- The extent to which your injury affected your social life, family relationships, and general well-being
- Whether you contributed to your accident in any way and if so, to what extent
- Whether the potentially liable party acted in a particularly malicious or egregious manner
Experienced Buena Park Bus Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury from a bus accident in Buena Park, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our bus accident attorneys have decades of collective experience representing accident victims in negotiations with large motor carriers and their insurance companies. We are here to help you pursue compensation for your injuries and losses so that you can be made whole.
To get started today, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment. We will come to you if you are unable to travel.