Buena Park Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Buena Park Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bike accidents almost always result in serious injuries because a biker simply cannot stand up to a motor vehicle – especially when the driver is speeding or driving recklessly. Unfortunately, though, collisions between a motorist and bicyclist are not uncommon in our State.
Our experienced team of Buena Park personal injury lawyers routinely help victims of bike accidents seek compensation for their physical, financial, and emotional damages. We are prepared to represent you in negotiations with insurance companies and, if necessary, in a court of law.
For a free case assessment, call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Types of Bicycle Accident Cases Our Buena Park Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
- Bike accidents caused by a motorist’s distracted or impaired driving
- Accidents caused by defective vehicle parts
- Accidents involving poor or hazardous road conditions
- Accidents involving rideshare vehicles
- Accidents involving multiple bicycles
- Failure-to-yield bicycle accidents
- Other types of accidents involving bicyclists on California roads
Pursuing Compensation for Your Bicycle Accident
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our experienced and compassionate team will assist you in seeking compensation for the physical, emotional, psychological, and financial damages stemming from your bicycle accident.
In Buena Park, you can seek to recoup “compensatory damages” for the following types of losses:
- Past, current and future medical expenses incurred as a result of your injury
- Lost wages and reduced future earning potential due to lasting or permanent disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering stemming from the accident
- Emotional and psychological distress
- Permanent disfigurement or disability
- Reduced quality of life
- Property damage
Some cases may also warrant a claim for “punitive damages.” Punitive damages may apply if the opposing party acted in a malicious or egregiously reckless manner. Your personal injury attorney will examine the specific facts of your case to determine whether it is worth raising a claim for punitive damages.
From Minor to Catastrophic Injuries
The injuries stemming from bicycle accidents can range from minor to catastrophic. A minor injury is one that does not result in lasting or substantial damage like brain or spinal cord damage. Conversely, catastrophic injuries are life-altering and demand a different approach in building a case for damages.
- Substantial Damage: Catastrophic injuries result in much higher monetary recoveries. This is because catastrophic injuries often result in a lifetime of lost income and medical care.
- Increased Scrutiny: When the stakes are high, insurance companies will closely examine every aspect of your case for reasons to either deny your claim or reduce your recovery amount. Our Buena Park personal injury attorneys will ensure that you are not pressured into accepting a settlement that is less than you deserve.
- Litigation: Because of the severity of the injuries and the seriousness of the claim, a catastrophic injury makes it less likely that you will receive a fair settlement amount from an insurance company. As such, it is more likely that a catastrophic case will proceed to trial. When it does, our team is poised to vigorously represent your interests to a California judge or jury.
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers
Our Buena Park personal injury attorneys know how insurance adjusters think: They are on your side until you request more compensation. That is where our guidance comes into play.
We will take over all communications and negotiations with insurance companies and will help you seek the treatment you need, regardless of whether an adjuster deems it “necessary.” We understand that your injury is life burdensome and we will fight for your right to maximum recovery for the suffering you’ve endured so that you can focus on rebuilding your life.
If you are unable to come to our Buena Park office for an initial free consultation, we will come to you. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review.