Clovis Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Clovis Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian collision, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation. Throughout the years, we have won more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts and have a track record of success in pedestrian accident cases. Our team is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we can come to you if you are unable to travel. Give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to get started today.
Common Causes of Vehicle-Pedestrian Collisions in Clovis
- Texting while driving
- Talking on a cell phone while driving
- Applying makeup, eating, or otherwise multitasking while on the roads
- Driving while impaired
- Driving while dangerously drowsy
- Running red lights
- Driving without headlights
- Failing to yield to the pedestrian’s right of way
- Ignoring crossing signals
Steps to Take After a Vehicle-Pedestrian Collision
- Call 911: The most important step in any accident is to immediately seek the medical treatment you need.
- Speak with the driver: At a minimum, collect the other driver’s contact and insurance information.
- Document your injuries: While the incident is still unfolding, take as many photos and videos as you can.
- Contact eyewitnesses: Their accounts of the accident may be critical down the road.
How Will My Attorney Prove Liability?
Your attorney’s case strategy approach will depend on several factors, from what caused your accident, to where it happened and whether the police reported to the accident scene. Generally, however, your attorney will seek the following evidence in crafting a compelling case for liability:
- Surveillance footage: Footage of the accident, from dashcam recordings to traffic light cameras, can provide evidence of negligence if the driver disputes that he or she was at fault.
- Police reports: If the police reported to the accident scene, your attorney will order a copy of the report to glean valuable content. The insurance company will rely on the report in either accepting or denying your claim, so your attorney will need to review it for evidence of negligence.
- Cell phone records: The driver’s cell phone records will provide insight into whether he or she was texting at the time of the accident.
- Photographs: Photos of the accident scene provide insight into what happened immediately before and after the crash. Additionally, photos of your injuries – and how they changed over time – can show an insurance adjuster or judge the severity of your damages.
- Eyewitness accounts: Bystanders can testify as to what happened during the moments leading up to the accident. Let your attorney know if you spoke with any eyewitnesses immediately after the crash.
- Expert testimony: Should there be a dispute about the cause of your injuries, their seriousness, or the total value of your expenses, your attorney may hire an expert witness to help substantiate your claim for damages.
For a FREE Consultation with our Clovis Pedestrian Accident Lawyers, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today.
If you are navigating the aftermath of a devastating pedestrian accident, we are here to help. Our experience representing accident victims throughout California positions us to help you pursue maximum compensation for your injuries and other losses. A member of our legal team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your questions. Call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to get started.