Clovis Truck Accident Attorneys
Clovis Truck Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one were the victims of a trucking accident in California, consider reaching out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for help. Our experienced Clovis truck accident lawyers will investigate your crash, gather evidence, and file a lawsuit on your behalf against the potentially liable parties. Give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a complimentary case review today.
Collisions with Commercial Vehicles
If you were involved in a crash with a commercial vehicle, a different set of rules may apply to your case. Examples of commercial trucks include:
- Truck-trailer combinations
- Livestock carriers
- Cement mixers
- Utility vehicles
- Box trucks
- Moving trucks
- Dump trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Hazardous materials (Hazmat) vehicles
- Passenger buses
Commercial vehicles are regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). As such, the drivers and companies that manage commercial vehicles must adhere to a strict set of regulations. When they fail to do so, this may be evidence of negligence and thus, liability for your injuries. Our Clovis truck accident attorneys are well-versed in FMCSA regulations. We know how to investigate commercial truck accidents and can determine whether any of these laws were violated at the time of the crash.
Common Causes of Clovis Trucking Accidents
Our personal injury and wrongful death attorneys have investigated and litigated numerous truck accident cases throughout the years and have handled claims arising from all types of careless and reckless conduct by truck drivers, motor carriers, maintenance providers, and manufacturers. Through an in-depth investigation into the crash that caused you harm, we may uncover evidence of:
- Driver fatigue
- Alcohol or drug impairment
- Unsafe lane changing
- Distracted driving
- Deferred truck maintenance
- Wide turns
- Unsecured cargo loads
What Can I Do to Protect My Claim?
Unfortunately, insurance adjusters scrutinize cases to look for reasons to deny injured parties’ claims. As such, you will need to work hard to preserve your claim, and your lawyer will walk you through how to do just that.
- Seek treatment:The insurance claims adjuster will want to know whether you’ve done your part to heal. Because of this, waiting a substantial amount of time to see a doctor doesn’t look good. To avoid running into disputes (not to mention, to ensure you are taking care of yourself), visit a doctor as soon as possible after the accident – and follow that doctor’s orders.
- Refrain from recorded statements:It’s a standard practice for insurance companies to seek recorded statements from claimants. The companies will use these statements to dispute your claim. As such, refrain from making any recorded statements until you speak with a personal injury lawyer.
- Minimize your social media use:To protect your claim, it’s wise to avoid posting to your social media profiles until your case is resolved. An insurer may scan your content for fodder to dispute your claim.
- Keep a diary:Start a daily journal to record your symptoms, as well as to describe how your injuries have impacted your life, work, and relationships. You may think that you’ll remember, but because many personal injury cases can last for months or even years, it’s vital to capture how you are feeling before your memories fade over time.
Discuss Your Claim with a Clovis Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Our attorneys have decades of collective experience representing accident victims in negotiations with large motor carriers and their insurance companies and are here to represent you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free case assessment.