Clovis Slip and Fall Attorneys
Clovis Slip and Fall Attorneys
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know what it takes to pursue substantial awards for our slip and fall clients. Throughout the years, more than 5,000 victims have turned to us for guidance and we have earned hundreds of five-star reviews on Google for our aggressive legal representation. If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident, call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS for a complimentary case review.
Types of Claims Our Slip and Fall Attorneys Handle
- Weather-related slip and falls
- Poolside slip and falls
- Outdoor slip and falls
- Indoor slip and falls
- Falls caused by freshly mopped floors without associated warning signs
- Slip and falls caused by spilled liquids
- Falls due to a lack of adequate handrails on a stairwell
- Falls on public walkways and parking lots
- Slip and falls on public property
- Slip and falls on commercial premises
- Slip and falls on residential premises
What is A “Duty of Care?”
In the State of California, property owners owe a duty of care to all visitors to their premises. When one party breaches the duty of care owed to another party, it is called “negligence.” Valuable evidence of negligence may include surveillance footage, photos of the hazard that caused your slip and fall, eyewitness deposition, the incident report, records of similar accidents occurring in the past, and building maintenance records. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall, it is extremely important to act quickly so you can properly preserve any evidence that the other party breached the duty of care. Particularly in slip and fall cases that involve physical evidence like a rug or spill, an adverse party can (and might) easily erase any sign that the accident happened. To help mitigate this risk, you can:
- Inform the property owner or manager.
- If applicable, fill out an incident report.
- Contact the police to secure an accident report.
- Take photos and videos of the accident scene.
- Record the names and contact information of the property owner, tenant, or manager on-site at the time of the accident.
- Ask eyewitnesses for their names and contact information.
- Collect and preserve the shoes that the victim was wearing at the time of the fall.
In addition to gathering this information, contact an experienced personal injury attorney to help you preserve your claim.
Pursuing Compensation for Your Slip and Fall Injuries
Our Clovis slip and fall attorneys know how difficult things can be after a slip and fall. On top of your physical injuries, you are likely facing astronomical medical expenses as a result. To seek reimbursement for these expenses as well as compensation for your physical and emotional injuries, meet with us about filing a personal injury lawsuit. Through litigation and the insurance claim process, we will pursue compensation for your:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced earning capacity
- Reduced quality of life
Discuss Your Case with a Slip and Fall Attorney.
If you cannot make it to our office for an initial free consultation, we will come to you. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review. We look forward to your call.