Coronado Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Coronado Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
A single moment of inattention is all it takes to injure or kill an innocent pedestrian. Nonetheless, while caught up in common distractions, few motorists consider the devastating impact of a pedestrian collision. California has some of the highest rates of pedestrian fatalities in the nation, the vast majority of which are caused by distracted or impaired driving. Our Coronado pedestrian accident lawyers know the life-changing impact of these incidents, from lasting injuries to financial strain.
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation. Our team is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we can come to you if you are unable to travel. Give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to get started.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Coronado
We have found that the most common forms of negligence that lead to pedestrian collisions include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Drowsy driving
- Running red lights
- Driving without headlights
- Failing to yield to the pedestrian’s right of way
- Ignoring crossing signals
How Will My Attorney Prove Liability?
Your attorney’s approach will depend on several factors, from what caused your accident, to where it happened and whether the police attended the accident scene.
Generally, your attorney will seek the following evidence in building your case:
- Surveillance footage – Any footage of the accident, from dashcam recordings to traffic light cameras, provide valuable evidence of negligence. This evidence will prove particularly valuable if the driver argues that you contributed to your crash. Our Coronado personal injury lawyers will investigate the scene to look for surveillance cameras and if necessary, will subpoena relevant footage to rebut these types of claims.
- Police reports – If the police reported to the accident scene, your attorney will likely order a copy of the crash report to glean valuable content. The insurance company will rely on the report in either accepting or denying your claim, so your attorney will need to review it for evidence of causation and negligence.
- Cell phone records – The driver’s cell phone records will provide insight into whether the driver was distracted at the time of the accident – for instance, if the driver was texting, emailing, or otherwise distracted in the moments leading up to the crash.
- Photos – Photos of the accident scene provide evidence as to what happened immediately before and after the accident. Additionally, photos of your injuries – and how they changed over time – can capture the severity of your damages.
- Witness testimony – Bystanders can testify as to what happened during the moments leading up to the crash. If you spoke with any eyewitnesses at the time of your accident, be sure to tell your attorney.
- Expert opinion testimony – Should an adverse party dispute the cause of your injuries, their seriousness, and the value of your lost income or medical expenses, your attorney may hire an expert witness to place a monetary value on your losses.
For a Free Consultation with our Coronado Pedestrian Accident Lawyers, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today.
You will benefit from having Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. Throughout the years, we have helped injured clients collectively recover more than $300 million in damages. A member of our legal team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your questions. To get started, call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online.